Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner October 2022 North Yorkshire

i love a dress but i can't find it in a store near me.

Threadgold, 3 of February of 2021 at 16:44 Posted on Planning 0 10

I've just started out dress shopping - but entirely online. I've booked some appointments for May and I have some styles in mind. However, there's a dress I keep coming back to and I would love to try it on. It's a Sottero&Midgely dress and they have a handy tool that tells you where it's in stock near you - and it's nowhere near me.

Is it possible to ask stores to get it in if they are a partner of a brand to get the dress in?

Or shall I just let the dress go?

10 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 12:32
  • Hannah
    Dedicated April 2022 Shropshire
    Hannah ·
    • Hide content
    What’s the name of the dress and where are
    You based? I love a mission ?
  • T
    Beginner October 2022 North Yorkshire
    Threadgold ·
    • Hide content

Ooo, thanks for the help! I'm based in Leeds and it's the Thomas gown: https://www.maggiesottero.com/sottero-and-midgley/thomas/16952

• Hannah
    Dedicated April 2022 Shropshire
    Hannah ·
    • Hide content
    I can see there’s a store in Cardiff and one in Dorset... would you be willing to travel? Maybe make a weekend of it?
  • DDsgettingmarried!
    Curious September 2021 Kent
    DDsgettingmarried! ·
    • Hide content

The dress I originally fell in love with was a Maggie Sottero (Henrietta). One of the bridal shops near me was able to loan out the sample dress from Maggie Sottero direct, at a cost of £45, which would be taken off the dress cost, if I purchased the dress or any other from the boutique in the end

It did take 6 weeks to arrive, with all the various lockdowns.

I ended up with a Rebecca Ingram in the end, but at least the fee of £45 was taken off.

I would call the boutiques near you that stock Maggie Sottero dresses and see if they are able to loan the sample.

• N
    Curious September 2021 Central & Glasgow
    Nicole ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi I’m going to try on a Rebecca Ingram dress on the 28th of this month. Do you mind if I ask what style you went for? X
  • DDsgettingmarried!
    DDsgettingmarried! ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi, I went for the Hattie dress, it’s absolutely gorgeous and a little different too. I still look at photos of it and get excited x

• N
    Curious September 2021 Central & Glasgow
    Nicole ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s Priscilla that I can’t stop thinking about or looking at but I’m also trying on Hattie and Josie while I’m there too. Hattie is stunning x
  • DDsgettingmarried!
    DDsgettingmarried! ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They’re all stunning dresses! Good luck with your appointment, it’s such a lovely experience, if not a bit surreal! x

• P
    Curious October 2021 Hampshire
    Pauline ·
    • Hide content

OMG there´s something about MS´s dresses, it´s hard to get them out of your head once you´ve tried it! I found one that I loved and it was available to try in a shop 100 miles away from where I live, so I drove there and loved it. But because it was only my second dress appointment ever, I thought I need to try more dresses before saying ´´yes´´.

And now I´m due to go back there tomorrow and drive 100 miles again to get the dress that I fell in love with at the beginning of my dress journey.

• HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Hi hun,

Whereabouts in the country are you? I'm in Liverpool, near the motorways.

I've just opened a bridal boutique which sells mainly new sample gowns and I have a couple of gowns from that designer at up to 50% off.

Cheers

Ali xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics