Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natalie2011
Beginner September 2012

I LOVE IT DON'T GIVE A CHUFF IF YOU DON'T...........

Natalie2011, 9 March, 2011 at 17:32 Posted on Planning 0 62

So.....

a thread dedicated to these are my choices and I love them and frankly believe that they are unbeatable, don't care what you think, that you dont like/agree with them, I'm on here to gloat about my marvellous wedding stuff because I LOVE THEM!!!

Whats your not so guilty pleasure? boast and basque in your brilliance on this thread!

Mine is my Charicaturist, dont care who thinks it's tacky or not needed or OTT, i love the idea, tha's why i'm having it.....

62 replies

Latest activity by bls14, 11 March, 2011 at 09:26
  • jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I am feeling chuffed with my Steel band after the ceremony, my mum and sister rolled her eyes when I mentioned it so I booked it and haven't told them. I don't care if my Family hate it as we love it!!

• D
    Beginner February 2012
    Dani1984 ·
    • Hide content

Just have to say, wouldn't it be great if we could say this to everyone else who thinks they are planning your wedding!!!!!

Think mine is having black and white theme, and don't care if people don't think bridesmaids should wear black mine are end of story!!! so there xx

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

1 - our budget. We work hard for our money and are happy to spend it on the things we've chosen. To some people it'll be a lot of money, to others not so much. Either way, it's bugger all to do with you!

2 - our colour choices. If I wanted something garish or more traditionally 'wedding-y' we'd have gone for it. I don't care if it's 'unusual', it's not your choice.

• kirstycat
    Beginner April 2011
    kirstycat ·
    • Hide content

Fireworks! I am so excited about having them and don't care if it's tacky or makes me look like a wannabe-wag or is a lot of money for a few minutes. I love them.

• G
    Beginner May 2012
    groomzilla ·
    • Hide content

So whats a charicaturist then?? Painted pebbles as place settings with peoples names on and decorated with diamantes fab

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

1, , short wedding dress

2, , black bridesmaids dresses

3, , second hand wedding shoes (but they are original 60s)

4, , a DJ that will play 'only' what OH and I tell him

5, , , MY FRIENDS OVER SOME OF MY FAMILY?

• tinkerbelly1983
    Beginner October 2011
    tinkerbelly1983 ·
    • Hide content

Not having any bridesmaids

Not having anyone walk me down the aisle

Wearing orange shoes

Not having top table

Jukebox instead of a DJ

Sausage & mash for dinner

Boooooooo to all the people who don't like our ideas!!!

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

Yes, flash them!

My bridesmaid dresses from tesco's..... you don't like them, I don't care!

Having short bridesmaid dresses - Yes they can freeze

Not having a chief bridesmaid - No one is chief but me!

Not having a church wedding - i'm not religious so I refuse to marry in 'God's eyes'!

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

Love them Dilly! Have you bought your dress yet?

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

This made me chuckle! I would love to see her face. Beautiful dress btw.

I'm not completly stupid but VoH is Vivien of Holloway isn't it???

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

My Routemasters:

Yes they were bloody expensive, no I don't care!

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Tesco did my wedding proud! The best man, usher and both mine and OHs fathers all wore suits from Tesco. Nobody knew except the people I had told!

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I soooo wanted to do this, and it almost happened when we were going to get a boat on the way back, but sadly the budget and practicalities got in the way Smiley sad

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I have big love for VoH dresses. Soooo pretty.

Mine would be the lack of flowers (ours will be origami, made by moi). I don't care how un-weddingy it is to not have masses of flowers. Lots of people in my family have dreadful hayfever! And I *like* my origami lilies.

• P
    Beginner November 2011
    pinkypie8 ·
    • Hide content

OOOOh i have a lot of things that people won't like:

Balloons...as well as flowers not instead of and not as table centres but yes i am having balloons and i am proud of it

Cupcakes instead of a cake and they are chocolate and vanilla not sponge

no chief bridesmaid

a jazz band during the day...to walk down the aisle etc

But it is my wedding and i adore them all....its not to some peoples taste but to be honest i don't care...if they don't want to come they don't have to and if the come and b*tch about my choices i will be less than politely asking them to leave!!!!

• P
    Beginner November 2011
    pinkypie8 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhhh you are the origami lillies..on the if you could steal something froma nother hitcher what would it be thread i said i'd steal your origami flowers...i thought they were stunning!!!

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

My engagement ring! I know its not a "traditional" ring but I LOVE my rubies!

• L
    Beginner
    LJO ·
    • Hide content

The fact I'm not having a wedding car refused to be ripped of for a 10 minute journey so yes I'm just calling a black cab and it WILL be fine!!

I'm having my sister walk me in not my dad yes he is alive yes he is coming but NO he isn't walking me in!!!

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aww thanks! Big grin going on here!

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm a little confused - what are they made of if they're not made of sponge? Chocolate and vanilla flavoured cardboard? ?

• P
    Beginner November 2011
    pinkypie8 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oops...hmm don't i look a little daft...i mean fruit cake...i ma having vanilla cupcakes with a chocolare sponge 'top tier' and no fruit cake in sight....having said that can you imagine the look on peoples faces if i presented them with a cardboard wedding cake....i think the older generations would have a heart attack!!

Thats a dragons den idea...cardboard recycle-able wedding cakes!!!

• sarahjolley
    Beginner September 2012
    sarahjolley ·
    • Hide content

I love my bright colour scheme, my bright pink vivienne westwood shoes that a few people have already turned there noses at

My outdoor ceremony location and the fact that my wedding is gonna be 'less' traditional

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can I be nosey and ask for a flash please?! I am intrigued......

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This one:

I was after something a bit different to the usual bridesmaid dress.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I recognise the dress now from your original flash! I am loving the bow detail on the back and I'd like one for me - OHs mom works at Tesco so all the kids clothes comes from there and I have to say, I can't tell the difference between them and next stuff!

• Alanafx
    Beginner November 2011
    Alanafx ·
    • Hide content

I'd never guess they are from tesco's, they are gorgeous !! x

• E
    Beginner December 2011
    eternallyme ·
    • Hide content

I love:

1)my 'bubble' engagement ring (I get a lot of 'it's very you' comments)

2) my bright green wedding dress - i know the panel looks a lime colour but the dress is gorgeous and feels fab on.

3)no top table

4)I WANT my tattoos to be on show in the pictures! I paid a lot of money to get inked, im not ashamed and I am proud of them!

5)I will be wearing my trusty, old, but very comfortable and smart DM boots!

• E
    Beginner December 2011
    eternallyme ·
    • Hide content

I love your new rocks - ive looked at new rocks in the past but always been a bit worried about how heavy they've felt when ive tried them on. Maybe i should have another look and invest in something new for the wedding! Will have to get them soo though so i can wear them in!?

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

Think a hogroast is good enough for the meal and should only be a buffet evening thing - tough toodles it is MY favourite food!

I also don't care if you think i am completely stupid for changing out of my wedding dress in the evening so i can dance

I also don't care too much if people get bored waiting for me to finish with the photos as hopefully it will be my first ever carriage ride and I am not going to hurry up on anyones count!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

My "I don't care" thing is the food.

To many people it's a huge proportion of their budget but ours is less than 25%. Reason being... We have 150 people all day, and we like quality food - in an ideal world all would be served with a beautiful rump steak (my fave) - but at a quoted cost of £60+ per head I refuse to spend £9,000 to feed people - not including anything else.

So we are having a quality buffet @ £20 per head instead.

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

Mine is the Harpist - I don't care if people think it's pretentious, I didn't want to put the music on a CD. I went to a wedding years ago where they had the music on a cassette and the stupid tape-deck chewed it up, all we heard was the first couple of bars of Pachelbel's Canon then whirr click click click as the tape deck feasted on the tape. Not quite the effect the Bride was looking for!

(I know tapes aren't around any more and CD's wouldn't have this problem but it put me off completely)

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG can't believe they are from tesco, that is some bargain hunting of the highest degree they look fab, I also love the bow

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics