Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elixia
Beginner March 2014

I may have gotten the hairdresser fired :S

Elixia, 24 of February of 2014 at 20:21 Posted on Planning 0 20

So tonight was my hair and makeup trail! I booked it after work so i could get it in on time and without too much travelling. Anyway, I got there and met the MUA we talked for a little bit and got some of the bases started when the hairdresser arrived, she seemed flustered apologised for being late and i didn't think much of it. she popped back in to ask what i wanted her my hair and it struck me something was off. her speech was slurred and she had trouble balancing. I tried to shrug it off. no one would turn up to work drunk surely?

then she comes back and mid way thru talking to the MUA she drags me off to see my headpiece and how to wear. She a little rough handed and its sinking in she's drunk. she definitely drunk. then she says whatever i want she can do but she needs to go back to her little girl. this is without even touching my hair properly just rough hand gestures of me holding it up with my hands.

By now the MUA speak up and says she cant do that, she's not done anything. so she asks me again how do i want my hair, she's forgotten completely. i mouth gesture to the MUA 'I think she's drunk' she nods and carts her off to one side. they come back the hairdresser apologise profusely about being unprofessional then start telling her about her new baby girl, her exceedingly recent breakup up her BF and now her manager is gonna fire her! She eventually leaves. and we continue on with the trail the whole time the MUA apologising about the situations and saying they wont be using her. we still have a nice time talking though.

when I left, the MUA said she wouldn't charge me for the trail now and would get her manager to either do it for free or 1/2 price.

I'm actually a little shocked! what a day! never a dull moment here! The makeup does look good and she did do what i asked for and added her own professional advise to it but i have to say its shaken my confidence a little. first they cancelled my first appointment due to sickness now this ... hmmm.

what would you do?

20 replies

Latest activity by Elixia, 28 of February of 2014 at 16:07
  • AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Sounds to me like she got herself fired!! Not only that but I wouldn't be at all surprised if she gets herself a visit from social services!! I'd be inclined to take advantage and accept the offer, especialky if you're happy with the MUA x

• M
    Beginner December 2014
    mrsb1981 ·
    • Hide content

Oh my goodness! Thats terrible!

I see you only have a short time until your wedding. Is there anyway you can ring around tomorrow and see if anyone else is available instead?

• M
    Beginner December 2014
    mrsb1981 ·
    • Hide content

Oh my goodness! Thats terrible!

I see you only have a short time until your wedding. Is there anyway you can ring around tomorrow and see if anyone else is available instead?

• ~Curley~
    Beginner August 2014
    ~Curley~ ·
    • Hide content

Id stick with your MUA if you liked it. Does the MUA work at the same place as the hairdresser? Will they give u another hair trial free of charge before the big day? I would ring and talk to the manager tomorrow.

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Lol, no being drunk at work isn't a ss issue, but looking after a new baby drunk is. However, not the point of elixia's post so I won't argue ?

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    H3LEN ·
    • Hide content

We all go through cr*p times we don't go to work pissed though. I would stick with them you said you liked the MUA and she seemed professional to be shocked at the hairdresser. When the manager rings you tell her you want the trail done for free as you have already given your time up. They won't want bad feed back so they'll do it. Once you've had your trial done then make your mind up. I'm pretty sure they will discount you on the day too.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This!

Bloomin heck. What a palava.

I could really understand how you might not want to go back to the same company considering how you've been messed around.

If you think they'll definitely turn up on your wedding day then I'd say to take them up on their offer but make sure you meet the new stylist and have a proper hair trial first!!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I also think this but I'm not entirely sure whether it was true or whether she was going for the sympathy card? It's all very odd.

• ~Curley~
    Beginner August 2014
    ~Curley~ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I edited my post as i read your original post incorrectly. I thought you said that she should phone social services, which i thought abit harsh. I have been revising all day and the text on the laptop screen have started to take on a life of their own....sorry ?

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

Bloody 'ell Elixia! That's awful.

I would like to imagine that the horrified manager will be calling you first thing tomorrow to grovel an apology. There's no way I'd be willing to pay full price for that.

Could you just book the MUA & get hair sorted elsewhere?

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

well she said her little girl was with her BF (the one she broke up with?) in the lobby. i dunno, utterly confused, more than likely a sympathy vote thing. The MUA was good and I don't have to go with their hair dressers. i might find my own one. I'm totally a deer in the headlights! Easily fixable but wooooooooooooow

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol, thats ok. Takes a lot to offend me ?

• Bookish
    Beginner August 2014
    Bookish ·
    • Hide content

Jeez. I agree - you didn't get anyone fired. She did that all by herself!

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Currently writing an email. outline how wonderful the MUA was and explaining the hairdresser. also about the woman they said was doing my makeup who was sick and cancelled my last booking wasn't the one there today, which is odd. should i mention that?

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Was she driving? If so a call to the police was/is in order too.

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

I didn't see her arrive .. or leave ... but its a remote hotel up a lane ...

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Well some emails have been fired away, if i play my cards right i could get a free (or cheap) brow shape and tint and lash tint!

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content

One to tell the grand kids! What an idiot!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This!

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Late to this .. but just wanted to say that while it's perfectly feasible that the hairdresser was drunk, it's also possible that she wasn't. I'd hold off on calling social services and the police just yet ?

Elixia ... urgh what a nightmare! I hope it's all sorted now. You're so close!!! How exciting! x

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Yeah its just an assumption and i can't prove it. one of the reason i didn't speak up at first. i was trying to assess it and see if it was 'something else' like fever or stress.

anyway a little update. new appointment on monday with a NEW hairdresser, same company. makeup trail was free AND i'll get my lashes tinted Smiley smile (not sure if that free i keep ask for the price but no response so i'll bring cash just in case)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics