Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner April 2013

I need a Free / Budget wedding photographer: April 2013 in London

Sarald, 2 of October of 2012 at 09:41 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hi everyone..

Can anyone please help us??

We are getting married in April, a very sweet day with just the two of us as we are eloping !!

We are staying next to St Pauls so have the cathedral as a back drop & the millenium bridge on the otherside.
It will be a registry office wedding.

We are doing this on a budget so would like someone who is looking to expand their portfolio.

Please contact me if your intersted or know anyone who would be in photographing our unique wedding.

Thanks a million ..

Sara?

16 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousGoldFlowers65359, 21 of January of 2018 at 19:22
  • MrsCoco
    MrsCoco ·
    • Hide content

Can I ask what date it is? I may know someone who can do it very very reasonably for you, but it would depend on the date as April is a very busy month for him x

• .adicat
    .adicat ·
    • Hide content

Try http://www.paywhatyoulike.co.uk/

or http://www.sub500.co.uk/ or

https://stores.ebay.co.uk/Blessing-Photography

• S
    Beginner April 2013
    Sarald ·
    • Hide content

Hi MrsCoco,

The wedding is on Saturday 13th April, we'd like just pre wedding pics , ceremony a few after outside and thats it.. As we plan to go and party the night away !

So it wont even be that long 4 hours max id say

Thank you xx

• PinkPanda
    Beginner May 2014
    PinkPanda ·
    • Hide content

A suggestion someone gave me (which we're going to try closer to time) is put an advert up in a local college that does photography courses and see if any students want a start on their profile by doing your photography! Just something else to think about!

• S
    Beginner April 2013
    Sarald ·
    • Hide content

Hi Smiley smile

Thank you... What a fab idea ! X

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Hey, I showed this to a friend of mine and she would be interested in this, can you message me your email address and ill pass it in to her ? xxx

• chrisdevphoto
    chrisdevphoto ·
    • Hide content

Hi i cover the uk Smiley smile

www.christopherdevereux.co.uk

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do be aware that photography courses you mention do not teach wedding photography. I would be very careful about this idea. I did a 5 year advanced City and Guilds course whilst working in photography and was not ready for weddings once I qualified. Weddings are a very specific dynamic of the photography industry, a strand that even some very experienced and well known togs avoid like the plague due to the pressures that come with it.....

Once you learn to handle the pressures, it is fantastic fun.

Peter

• V
    viktorija ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sara,

did you find the photographer already?

if not, can you give a little bit more details - are you going to wear white wedding dress?

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

.... realised it's an old post.

• S
    Beginner April 2013
    Sarald ·
    • Hide content

Re: I need a Free / Budget wedding photographer: April 2013 in London
    By Chris Giles Photography in Wedding Planning

Whenever I see a post like this I have to wonder is photography important to the poster or not?

If it is, find the funds for a pro, if not, rely on the guest photos.

I mean, you're asking for free. I'd love to live in a world of free. Does such a place exist? No.

Anyone who is able to help will be looking for something in exchange, as you say, to expand their portfolio. Everything comes with a trade off.

"...

Can I say please... When I see a reply like this I wonder why you old even comment!

Surely it can not help your business to come across as so 'funny' , as for guest photos we are eloping, meaning just 2 of us... Therefore no guests!

Funds are not the question, it was a case of fun and excitement , as for a portfolio expansion , did you not start at the beginning once?!?!?

Sorry ladies for the rant but this really really bugged me!

X?

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

That's also one of the reasons I edited my post, I never saw it was just the two of you and it made my viewpoint much less relevant.

But if money isn't an object, then pay a pro for a couple of hours, you won't need them all day and you'll get a reduced rate.

It seems irrational and risky to go low budget / free on a non pro for such an important thing when you can by your own admission, afford it.

Also if it's a weekday wedding you should have togs fall over themselves with availability. I did two hours in London last Thursday for £500, which turned into three hours but I allowed for that in the price.

You could even approach some togs asking for engagement shoot prices. The timeframes are similar.

• I
    izzievondizzie ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sara,

I do wedding photography and I am actually looking to update my portfolio. If you are interested send me an email at ********@*****.*** and I will give you more details and I will show you some of my previous work.

• diliphirani
    diliphirani ·
    • Hide content

Chris, it's a Saturday.

OP - I hope you find what you're looking for, there are concerns when you go for 'free' as Chris has pointed out but, it's your choice and your day.

• Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content

This thread is 6 months old guys - imagine she's got something sorted out by now ?

• H
    Beginner January 2019
    HappyGreenDiamonds14868 ·
    • Hide content

Hey - if anyone found this by Googling (like I did), I'm a student photographer and I'm looking to build experience and my portfolio. So I'm offering free wedding photography in London - contact info here: paulstollery.com

There's no catch. 100% free. Just that I'm still learning.

• L
    Beginner July 2018
    LuxuriousGoldFlowers65359 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

We are getting married in London in July 2018.

We would love to have you there as a photographer if available?

Please get in touch.

Thanks,

Catherine

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics