Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2008

I need a poem for my mum whos passed away

mrsbearman2b, 17 of June of 2008 at 22:26 Posted on Planning 0 7

I get arried on 12th July and was thinking of something I Could do for my mum who passed away 10 years ago. My brother had a poem on each fbuttonhole flower. Although this was nice i felt it was a bit in your face! I have decided on having a vase of flowers on a table next to my wedding cake so people can read it if they want too. i have found a vase that i can have engraved but i am so stuck what to put on it. obviously I cant have a really long verse as it wont fir on. I would like somethinh heartfelt and appropriate. i would really appreciate any ideas. thanks

7 replies

Latest activity by mrsbearman2b, 19 of June of 2008 at 07:31
  • Mel_ODrama
    Beginner August 2008
    Mel_ODrama ·
    • Hide content

I haven't got a poem, but my closest friend has a sister who married a few years ago and they lost their dad when they were in their late teens/early twenties.

Nestled in her bouquet, she had his favourite flower - a yellow rose - to remember him by. It was really a beautiful way to remember him and their mum was pleased that he was represented. They did the "absent friends" toast too.

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

Gone is not forgotten;
    Mum's love remains behind;
    She's travelled in a new direction -
    Love knows no space or time.

I will always love her.
    She will care for me from above.
    She will send me starlight and rainbows
    To remind me of her love.

• S
    Beginner June 2008
    Saj ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

I lost my Dad nearly two years ago and my brother is giving me away.

We are mentioning him in the speeches etc, but I'm having my florist wire my Dad's ring into my bouquet (on the handle bit where no one but me will see!). I now feel that he will be walking down the aisle with me!!

I know this isn't a poem but maybe you could do something like this, which is more personal.

• Masal
    Beginner October 2008
    Masal ·
    • Hide content

I have been looking for a way to include my mum and my sister who both died of Cancer but not in a way it would be in the face or to upset me too much. There is someone on here who does Candles with a poem on and I am thinking of that, also I am having my mums favourite hymm while we are signing the register.

• milch
    Beginner July 2008
    milch ·
    • Hide content

my nan who i grew up living with died suddenly last november, H2B is mentioning her in his speech but i am also having Olive branches in my bouquet as that was her name...

i like the engraved vase idea, hope you find something nice

• D
    Super November 2008
    donnaj36 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

thats a lovely idea

• evanslaura
    Beginner May 2009
    evanslaura ·
    • Hide content

I was very close to my Grandparents, they both died very suddenly last year!! Grandad was going to walk me down the aisle, now my Mum has the honour!!

I am actually sewing my Nans wedding ring inside my wedding dress...............id b a tad worried bout placing it in flowers incase they went missing!!

We are also having their wedding day photograph next to the wedding cake............ this where i will place my flowers too during the reception, with 2 little tealights burning for them both!!

• M
    Beginner July 2008
    mrsbearman2b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your lovely ideas. I have a ring of my mums that I was given by my dad when she died. It has been passed down through generations in my family and I am wearing that on the day as my something old, I dont usually wear it incase i lose it!!

I feel a bit akward having something put in speeches as my dad is re married now and I dont want anyone to feel uncomfortable although im sure my dad might touch on the subject in his speech and make me cry!!

Im also having her favourite song played at the reception. She loved Tina turners simply the best and whenever it come on at a party she would get up and have a good dance so im going to play it and have a good dance for her instead!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics