Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Charliebob
Beginner May 2016

I need to lose weight! URRRR

Charliebob, 6 of January of 2015 at 20:41 Posted on Planning 0 20

Sorry for this rant vent, I am only angry at myself

I NEED some motivation to lose weight

I will sit here and endlessly tell myself I need to lose the weight but the next day all this info is thrown out the window when I see food.. "Oooo Cookie!"

I have never been skinny, I am happiest at a 14, my fiance loves me at a 14 too

When I'm any slimmer I start to look ill

I starting taking medication which made me pile on 3 STONE!! in half a year!! Even my doctor the other day was like.. "err maybe you shouldn't of gone on that" Jeez thanks

I'm off that now, but I am a size 18 and so uncomfortable

I want to be a size 14 again, but I just feel like I have let myself down so much, I just don't know where to start anymore

I have very little money as saving up for wedding so can't afford too much fancy foods, weight watchers etc

PLEASE SOMEONE JUST GIVE ME A SLAP

Sorry pity party over

20 replies

Latest activity by zaraahmad, 21 of February of 2020 at 20:45
  • lilbeth
    Beginner July 2015
    lilbeth ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear you feel that way.

Ive got friends doing the 5:2 diet, they say it feels good because anything you can't eat on a fast day they can just have it the next day.

On the other hand OH and I have just been trying to eat better, soup twice a week as a light meal and not buying junk through the week. I've found the my fitness pal app really useful. It shows how many calories you're eating.

I think massive changes are hard to keep up, little changes last longer.

Another thing I've heard is saying "I don't eat cookies" rather than "I can't eat cookies".

Be careful what you wish for though I lost a stone, hit target weight and now have a stomach ulcer. Currently losing about 3 pounds a week as I can't eat anything high in calories. I'd do anything to eat a cookie!! I don't want to lose anymore as I don't want to look bony as I've never been that way and I want to look like me on our wedding day.

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

Slap?!

Lim in a similar position currently an 18 aiming for a 14. I'm starting my diet tomorrow as my shake powder arrived today. I managed to go from 20/22 to a 16 in 3 months last summer bu the weight has crept back on since I've let myself go completely. Your wedding should be your motivation. You can do it just find the right way for you.

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    squid2015 ·
    • Hide content

I'm trying to do the same thing, those cookies are soooo tempting!

I have started doing the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels, she is the trainer on biggest loser and it takes 30 mins everyday. I havent even bought the DVD, just doing it off youtube. Its tough but they do say no pain no gain!!

Good luck ?

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

What is helping me is thinking about how upset I'd feel if I feel fat & horrible on my wedding day, also how I'd feel seeing the picture after! Whenever I'm tempted by something I say to myself 'is that going to help me look good in my wedding dress!?' It's worked so far, 1 stone down!

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly this! I'm on day 5 at the moment.

My story is I was getting fat and told myself if/when he proposes then this will give me the motivation to lose a few pounds. So when he did I started the 5:2 as I was determined to be at my happy size again for the wedding. I lost a stone and a half and got down to my happy size by doing the 5:2 and running 3 times a week.

Now I'm eating normally, mmaybe making a half arsed effort to make the right choices but not following any particular plan or monitoring calories. I'm doing the 30 day shred in attempt to look more toned, as although I'm a size 10 I'm actually quite flabby, tummy and arms are the worst areas. I do feel like the 30 day shred is working but I'm still just on level 1 and I've heard the jump to level 2 is hard.

You should join the other thread on fitness/losing weight, lots of motivation there!

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

I looked at a before and after picture of myself. I was up t a 16, dropped to an 8/10, now am at a 12 but a bit more wobbly than i'd like! Looking at it makes me determined!

Having an image in my head of how I want to look at my wedding motivates me. Knowing how I looked before motivates me.

I'm trying the 5:2 diet just now for the first time. It's not costing me any more than I'd normally spend on food. Download an app like my fitness pal and see how you're doing against your GDA. At leas on this diet, If I want a cookie, I can say, not today, but I can tomorrow if I want!

Good luck!

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    McHelenz ·
    • Hide content

Me and my partner are both doing slimming world. We've both lost 3 stone Smiley smile. I love it, i dont feel deprived and i generally look at food in a different way now. I've always been overweight, i've never been smaller than a size 16 ever and now I'm currently getting into size 12s. Its odd though, as the typical fat girl Im now in unchartered territory and it scares me x

• R
    Beginner February 2016
    RomanticBlueCakes259 ·
    • Hide content

I feel your pain!! Over the past year i've let weight creep on and now need to lose at least 2 stone, maybe a bit more. I'm a size 14 but always been a 10/12 and it just doesn't suit me at all carrying this extra weight. Every day i sit there and think how much happier i will feel about myself if i lose the weight and tell myself i'll stick to a healthy diet but then the next day temptation or lack of willpower takes over. Not being in the greatest of health and with a lot of personal things going on in the family at the moment it's hard to get the motivation and energy to exercise, much easier to sit here with tea and biscuits ☹️

I'm just trying to say to myself not to put too much pressure on myself but just try and eat just when i'm hungry and try and fit exercise in even if it's just walking the dog! You don't need a slap though, more an encouraging pat on the back! Losing weight is hard, no matter what anyone says!!!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Stop talking and thinking like this! You have not let anyone down. Not only did you gain weight cos of medication, but regardless of the reason, an increase in body mass does not constitute letting yourself down. It's just something that happens in life. I understand you would like to be a different size and that's fine, but start by being kinder to yourself - you are still a good person, and still worthy of kindness and love. Stop berating yourself, and you'll be happier and less inclined to comfort eat. Smiley smile

• Future Mr's R
    Beginner October 2015
    Future Mr's R ·
    • Hide content

I have started on my fitness pal again yesterday, there are loads of people on there in the same situation as all us girls. I want to lose 2 stone in 10months which I can do at a steady healthy pace. I have a gym membership that I am tied in to for 6 more months so have started going back there, even if I end up just walking on the treadmill..it's still moving.

Stay positive, I always find that if I get negative I'll tell myself "o well your going to be fat anyway so you might as well have it" and then I feel awful afterwards. I have found my fitness pal the only thing I can stick to, If I want a cookie I can have one...as long as I am staying within my calorie goal for the day...when you exercise you add on the cals and then you get to eat them back so that you are not eating too less cals. So if you do end up giving in to a bad choice of snack, you can go and walk it off.

Add me if you choose to sign up. x

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Well if you come and see me I can give you the lurgy and you won;t want to eat lol. I've hardly eaten anything for three days. I'm expecting the scales to show something which will give me a good kick up the bum and kickstart (literally) my diet Smiley smile

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

With respect BW, I think the main reason brides want to lose weight is to look good on their wedding day. After that, I don't think it matters as much. Your husband/wife will (hopefully) love you anyway, right? So in this case, a quick fix faddy diet plan will probs fulfil that aim. If you do want to change for life, I'd actually disagree with you that being on a diet plan can only ever be short term. I did the 5:2 for a year. The only reason I'm not doing it now is because I don't need to lose any more and reckon I can make reasonably correct choices with food and exercise regularly.

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Have you thought about Zumba or clubbercise with friends? Or swimming? I find I'm more inclined to excercise if I'm with someone else and eat healthier if I'm excercising so for me it's one big loop! I picked up some great good food healthy eating cook books which have regular meals just a healthier way of cooking them eg spag Bol but with courgette and celery. I'm not a believer in diets as I know some people fluctuate after they come off them but by changing the way you prep food/cook food you can have a long term control on weight.

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

I have just restarted Slimming World (they have a new plan) and it's going really well. I know you might not want to pay for classes, but you could find out a lot of the info online and maybe share ideas with people on here/buy the magazine?

I think once you get started and you start seeing results, you'll be spurred on, it's just the starting that is the hardest part. Once you're over that part, you're well on your way!

Good luck whatever you decide to do x

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

You're right, but it's an undeniable fact that many people just focus on looking good on their wedding day, and not afterwards. Whether that's the "best" way to approach diet/weight loss is debatable, but it's important to respect that people have different goals and priorities. We don't know what the OP will want to do post-wedding, after all.

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

Mrs BW, I'm not saying it should ideally be that way (losing weight for the wedding, then not caring afterwards), but this is the reality for many brides. Although I've stopped the 5:2 now as I don't want to fast on the same days I exercise, which at the moment is every day, as I don't want to do anything dangerous. But I kept the 5:2 up for a year and could definitely stick to it for life. Clearly there would be exceptions, such as if I was pregnant or ill, but I honestly do think if I can do it for a year I can do it for far longer. I didn't find it difficult and it is sustainable, I just don't want to fast and do intensive exercise on the same day. This is the only reason I stopped it.

• S
    Beginner May 2020
    SunnyGoldBridesmaid83232 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

i have 17 lbs to lose before my wedding and I would like to ensure I will stay motivated to find the perfect for my Dday!

• L
    LuxuriousBlueFlowers72061 ·
    • Hide content

You might find a friend as a fat lose program which you can have to lose weight. Cinderella Solution Reviews on of the popular diet among many women who are trying to lose weight quickly by using this solution.

• zaraahmad
    Curious August 2021
    zaraahmad ·
    • Hide content

May I ask. How are you managing ? What is the motivation level now after 2 months ?

Have you reduced any weight yet ? Any suggestions ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics