Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

agentblackcat
Beginner July 2011

I think I have decided my colour scheme:)

agentblackcat, 13 February, 2010 at 21:28 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hi Everyone - pretty bored tonight so just mooching about on Hitched. I have been thinking about my colour scheme since I bought my dress and I am thinking either;

Gold, cream and teal

Or

Gold, cream and fuschia

Can't quite decide?

Anyone got any thoughts or any inspirational pics with these colour schemes?

Thanks x

16 replies

Latest activity by Sherrie H, 15 February, 2010 at 21:00
  • Steelgoddess
    Beginner June 2010
    Steelgoddess ·
    • Hide content

My colour scheme is Gold, ivory and Fuschia Smiley smile) so you know what I'll say but its hard as teal is a GORGEOUS colour too!!!

x

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Either sound lovely but I know that one hitcher (Kelly29??) had major headaches trying to match teal colours so fushia might be a bit easier to source things.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I love the gold, cream and fuschia colours! I have done a few 'teal' weddings and, as lisaloulou says, teal is a tricky colour to match. I think the main reason is people tend to have different ideas of what colour teal is - it varies from aqua through to turquoise to jade if you see what I mean! I have to admit, I haven't yet done a gold and teal scheme, only with silver, as teal tends to go better with silver as they are both 'cold' colours whereas gold comes from the 'warm' palette of colours. A couple of pics for you:-

These were all made for "teal" colour schemes, first pic a buttonhole, second a corsage, third bridesmaid bouquet, but as you can see, all three are different colours but were matched to bridesmaid dresses described as "teal" by the manufacturers. So you can see where Lisaloulou and I are coming from can't you! Hope that helps - Brenda.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

As Brenda & Lisalou have said Teal comes in many forms from a Dark green to almost Turquoise and anything in between. It is a hard colour to match & is better to use shades of rather than try to get the colour exact.It would be best to have Ivory flowers or a neutral colour & add accents using beads, ribbons etc in Teal. I am just doing a wedding using Orange/Coral with Teal so will post some pics when I have done them. Using a colour contrast like, Red, Orange or Pink for the flowers would stand out more in the pics than using & trying to match the Teal.Here are some ideas based on Teal so you can see the huge range :

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Here are some ideas for Pink, Cream & Gold :

Or why not combine all the colours:

• Charlied
    Beginner October 2010
    Charlied ·
    • Hide content

Teal is my favourite colour, looking over these photo boards im asking myself why is my colour scheme not teal??? (its green now) and remember now...couldnt find the right colour cravet for OH and realised it would be tricky to match. That said the moss green I have gone for is proving even harder!! I have now got favour bags in hunter green and olive green - both wrong but going to have to go with it and hope throwing lots of greens together will work.

Personally I think, if you dont mind the hard work go for it! (also having to get BM dress made in china, cant find anything here)

• Mrs Tonner 2010
    Beginner June 2010
    Mrs Tonner 2010 ·
    • Hide content

Just a though, couldn't you have fuschia AND teal?? It would be so bright and different!

OH's favourite colour is red and mine is purple so we're having both too Smiley smile

• agentblackcat
    Beginner July 2011
    agentblackcat ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone for your advice - Teal will definately be tricky to match but still undecided - suppose its just as well I still got a while yetSmiley smile Think i will get googling tonight see what I can findSmiley smile

Once again thanks guys.

• L
    Beginner February 2011
    Lucy137 ·
    • Hide content

We're having peacock blue which i suppose is like teal so thats what id go for!!! we are thinking of tying it in with a pink or purple shade such as in the flowers etc.

Rainbow florist, can i ask what the flower is in the third pictures (the blue one)?

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi - the third photo is a bridesmaid bouquet of gerbera with ivory old English roses. They're artificial as you've probably guessed! Gerbera don't grow in that particular colour in fresh.

• L
    Beginner February 2011
    Lucy137 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks. i cant decide whether to stick with just blue as the colour scheme and use artificial flowers with lots of white as well or to go with an accent colour such as purple or maybe even yellow? i love bright colours! what do you think? Thanks in advance.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Purple would look good and orange too! Yellow may look slightly harsher than the orange with that particular shade of blue.

• L
    Beginner February 2011
    Lucy137 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah im thinking purple most likely (a bit warmer and wintery i think) but not sure whether to just stick with white flowers and maybe bring in the blue colour in other ways such as with beads, ribbons or feathers. Any ideas?

oh... sorry to hijack the thread by the way! ?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Lucy what about these bouquets to tie in with your theme:

• L
    Beginner February 2011
    Lucy137 ·
    • Hide content

Oooh, very nice! Thanks.

• agentblackcat
    Beginner July 2011
    agentblackcat ·
    • Hide content

Hey

Lucy don't worry about hijacking the thread glad your getting good advice too.

Sherrie love your picturesSmiley smile

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

No problem all part of my job! If you need any more ideas let me know.?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics