Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrsjtobee
Beginner May 2014

I think my wedding car company has gone bust.....

Mrsjtobee, 17 of April of 2014 at 17:49 Posted on Planning 0 4

I booked out wedding car over a year ago and paid a £50 deposit...they confirmed this by email which I still have and said the final payment would need to be paid on the 17th April (today!!)

I sent an email last week just enquiring whether everything was ok and requesting their bank details for the final payment....I heard nothing. I've tried ringing them and leaving voicemails but no one has got back to me. Their website is still up and running but their Facebook page hasn't had any activity since November.

i don't know what to do! It's only a month until the wedding and I'm not sure whether to just sack them off and lose the £50. But then again I don't want to lose £50 through no fault of my own!

4 replies

Latest activity by Bruce Neville Photography, 17 of April of 2014 at 21:36
  • H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Aww no! Is it possible to go to the trading address and check it out? You could always check company house website, that should say if they are atill in business or not. As for the deposit, you may not get it back, unless you paid by cresit card... It is easter, so they may be closed... I hope it all gets sorted!

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

There was a company that I know that had ceased business, does it begin with J?

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Are they local to you? Is it possible for you to go round and discuss it face to face at their premises or their home address if they aren't returning your calls. If they have gone under, you may be able to claim on your wedding insurance depending on if you have an excess or not. Really sorry to hear about this. I hate it when people get let down. Hope you can sort it out.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

I'd go to their workplace if it's local enough to you and see if you can find anything out.

Also try googling their company names and "gone bust" etc, sometimes other people are discussing it and you might get some info.

Really hope they haven't though and you get it sorted out, hopefully they're on holiday or something like that but should be notified of that.

Keep us updated, hope it's all ok!

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Oh no. There are quite a few companies that I know of that has gone out of business in 2013 and yes photographers as well. Are they close or do you know anyone that is close to them that can go round and check to see if they are still trading.

PS. I don't update my facebook page, in fact I am thinking of dropping facebook all together.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics