Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

missmandymoo
Beginner August 2014

I think this is my dress...

missmandymoo, 3 of July of 2013 at 22:16 Posted on Planning 0 36

I went wedding dress shopping for the first time on Monday! Eeek!!

After trying on loads of dresses, 2 dresses really stood out... Pronovias Dietrich which I have to eliminate because it was over my budget so I am left with this one...

Sorry image is a bit squashed. Please click on it to view full size.

Before I walked into the bridal shop, I knew I wanted lace and the assistant picked out this one for me. To be honest, I would not have picked it myself because it looked rather ordinary on the hanger compared to the other dresses. Also I tend to wear a lot of thick tank top style tops and dresses so I always envisage me wearing something different on my wedding day e.g strapless.

But when I looked at myself wearing this, I couldn't stop grinning. It has tiny silver sequins all over the dress and it just sparkled beautifully. Both my sisters loves this dress and thought that it will be way over my budget and if it was then perhaps the Pronovias dress will do instead. I loved both dresses just as much, however the Pronovias is more what I envisage wearing on my wedding day but it is £800 more. I can't consider it but do I carry on looking or buy this one which I loved just as much but not what I had in mind? It sounds stupid but I didn't envisage myself so covered up on my day! Lol

The bridal shop is offering me a discount if I buy in July as they have a sale on at the moment. How do you know when the dress is the 'one'?

36 replies

Latest activity by missmandymoo, 22 of July of 2013 at 13:51
  • *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

That's gorgeous, love the detail at the back! Very classy.
    I love it, but if you have any doubts in your mind at all that its the right one for you i'd say hold back buying it for now..til you're sure.
    Especially if theres one you prefer, you could see a similar one after buying this and regret it. Be 100% sure then purchase Smiley smile But I do think this is beautiful.

• Meshelled79
    Beginner August 2013
    Meshelled79 ·
    • Hide content

That is a beautiful dress. I tried on quite a few dresses, one I thought 'this is the one'. I still went to a few other places and tried others on, but all the time I was thinking about and comparing it to that dress. Until I was in another shop, probably about the 6th shop and the woman brought out a dress and before I even tried it on I knew THAT WAS THE ONE. I then strangely couldn't remember what the other 'the one' dress was like. You just know, trust your instinct.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

It's lovely (but I think that about all dresses with interesting backs!). That one is particularly nice!

What's the desire to bare flesh? That's as sexy and provocative as having your shoulders/back bare!

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

This dress is just beautiful!!!! Is it a dress in the sale or is the shop offering a discount? If they're just offering a discount then chances are you can get it elsewhere for the same price - different if it's a sale dress that might be difficult to track down. Have a ring round other shops and check their prices and if they stock the dress and then you'll know if you've got some breathing space. Don't rush into it or you might regret it but if it is the one and you're sure, go for it!

Make sure you try loads of different styles and dresses first though so when you have the 'dress wobbles' later down the line you can be sure you tried every style and yours suited you best. I tried on about 50 and this has really helps me when I see other gorgeous dresses on here!!

P.S. mine is also nothing like I thought I'd go for but I love it.

• missmandymoo
    Beginner August 2014
    missmandymoo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol. I think it's more that it's different to the strapless dresses that I have in my scrapbook so it's strange when things change. I've been to 2 bridal shops and although they let me try on anything I wanted, both seems to be encouraging me to go for the round neck mermaid/fishtail types. I do love the back on that dress too, that and the sparkle is what I love about it. Perhaps I should just go try on more dresses then end with that one and see how I feel about it then.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

That is gorgeous!

• Laura DeBourde
    Laura DeBourde ·
    • Hide content

Ah it's just beautiful. Something I would definitely go for too - I just love lace!

I'm not sure what advice to offer on whether to go for the dress or not, I mean to me - it sounds like you love it. You couldn't stop grinning while you wore it and you've been clicking back onto it, so it's clearly on the brain! I know whether I want something when I have to keep clicking back online and keep checking up on it. I also really don't think you'd look very covered up on the day - lace is beautiful and the dress is super classy. I personally think the back is really great, and it shows off a bit of akin but more discreetly than if it was completely bare back. Remember, sometimes less is more ;-)

• Bookish
    Beginner August 2014
    Bookish ·
    • Hide content

Really beautiful.

• MrsSkinner2be
    Beginner May 2014
    MrsSkinner2be ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE this dress! It's stunning and even in the photo you can see how sparkly it is.

I am biased though as my dress has back detail and so I LOVE any dress with a nice back. I think that looks far sexier in a glamorous and sophisticated way than strapless dresses

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

That is absolutely amazing. I'm not going to lie, I have dress envy right now! Lol!

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Beautifulll and you'll look like Jessica Alba in it lol Smiley winking

• Italybride14
    Beginner May 2014
    Italybride14 ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous dress!! Whose it by?

• TheMrsMeFo
    Beginner April 2015
    TheMrsMeFo ·
    • Hide content

GORGEOUS!! Its one of the dresses I have in my little wedding note book that I'm bringing along when I try dresses on for the first time in a few weeks. All the dresses I like are similar to this. Love the back and little buttons, so different from a corset back.

Yet, if you don't feel 100% about it then its maybe not 'the one' There is still 4 weeks left of july to get the discount so go try on others and see how it compares to them.

xx

• missmandymoo
    Beginner August 2014
    missmandymoo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? Well if that's the case, I'm sold on it!

• missmandymoo
    Beginner August 2014
    missmandymoo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's by Sottero & Midgley

Thanks guys. I feel better about it know that everybody loves it Smiley smile

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

neck line - fab! Lace - My favourite! Buttons - Lovely detail! This dress is a lot like mine so maybe i am a tad bais ha

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

I love it.

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful.

• missmandymoo
    Beginner August 2014
    missmandymoo ·
    • Hide content

Just thought I'd give you all an update. I went back to the bridal shop today to try the dress on again along with several other dresses. I have now ordered the Justina dress! ??

Here is a pic again ?

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Woohoo! Exciting for you Smiley laugh Beautiful dress!! x

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Good call! ? it is such a beautiful dress, when are you getting married?

• missmandymoo
    Beginner August 2014
    missmandymoo ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies ?

Started dress shopping early because I thought it would take me ages to work out what I wanted and to find the one. Didn't expect to find it so soon!

Kjay, I'm getting married 7th August 2014. Only a month to go now for you! Bet that month will fly by. Are you excited?

• S
    Beginner December 2014
    Soontobe_mrsG ·
    • Hide content

It's totally gorgeous xx

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is the day before my big brother Smiley smile

I am flitting between excitement and dread that I have completely forgotten something! The whole time since getting engaged has flown by to be honest!

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous dress! And the next year will fly by, seems only a month or so since this years August brides were celebrating the one year to go mark and now we are all days away!

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous dress! And the next year will fly by, seems only a month or so since this years August brides were celebrating the one year to go mark and now we are all days away!

• G
    Beginner August 2013
    golden ·
    • Hide content

It's a beautiful dress and here's a thought. One reason it may make you grin, you say you often wear the shape. Maybe that's because it suits you perfectly? This is the fully formal elegant and 'togged up' version of a style that is so you. There is nothing wrong with that!

• missmandymoo
    Beginner August 2014
    missmandymoo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Golden, that's absolutely spot on to what it is. I guess wearing something I'm not used to wearing I.e strapless may make me feel a bit self conscious on the day. At least because this is a very glammed up version of what I would normally wear, I'll feel more confident in it. Not had any day after regrets either!

• G
    Beginner June 2014
    Grumps ·
    • Hide content

That is one flippin' gorgeous dress!!!

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

That dress is beautiful.

I tried on about 20 dresses before I found The One. At each appointment there was one in particular I really liked and nearly bought, but none of them instantly said "buy me".

On my last appointment as soon as I stepped into my dress I just knew I loved it. I had several others put aside for me to try and I just didn't bother as I'd found my dress.

I'm not sure if everyone has this feeling but I'm definitely glad I didn't buy one of the others now.

• K
    Beginner September 2013
    kitty..cat ·
    • Hide content

Dont buy unless you are absolutely sure this is the one for you. go with what you think rather than others opinions too.

I brought my dress a couple of months ago in haste as I was in a panic as only had 4 months from planning wedding to the day. Every shop i went in said oooh not much time. Now i think my dress is lovely but know its not the one for me and am trying to sell in hopes i may just accumilate enough money to get the one i want.

Dont put yourself where i am.

Its a beautiful free you have seen there by the way. Hope your day and planning goes well

C x

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Love it!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics