Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

missmandymoo
Beginner August 2014

I think this is my dress...

missmandymoo, 3 of July of 2013 at 22:16

Posted on Planning 36

I went wedding dress shopping for the first time on Monday! Eeek!! After trying on loads of dresses, 2 dresses really stood out... Pronovias Dietrich which I have to eliminate because it was over my budget so I am left with this one... Sorry image is a bit squashed. Please click on it to view full...

I went wedding dress shopping for the first time on Monday! Eeek!!

After trying on loads of dresses, 2 dresses really stood out... Pronovias Dietrich which I have to eliminate because it was over my budget so I am left with this one...

Sorry image is a bit squashed. Please click on it to view full size.

Before I walked into the bridal shop, I knew I wanted lace and the assistant picked out this one for me. To be honest, I would not have picked it myself because it looked rather ordinary on the hanger compared to the other dresses. Also I tend to wear a lot of thick tank top style tops and dresses so I always envisage me wearing something different on my wedding day e.g strapless.

But when I looked at myself wearing this, I couldn't stop grinning. It has tiny silver sequins all over the dress and it just sparkled beautifully. Both my sisters loves this dress and thought that it will be way over my budget and if it was then perhaps the Pronovias dress will do instead. I loved both dresses just as much, however the Pronovias is more what I envisage wearing on my wedding day but it is £800 more. I can't consider it but do I carry on looking or buy this one which I loved just as much but not what I had in mind? It sounds stupid but I didn't envisage myself so covered up on my day! Lol

The bridal shop is offering me a discount if I buy in July as they have a sale on at the moment. How do you know when the dress is the 'one'?

36 replies

• MrsBeckiW
    Beginner May 2014
    MrsBeckiW ·
    • Hide content

This dress is bl**dy beautiful!!

If you has asked me a couple of months ago i would have never said i wanted lace but I am falling more and more in love with it!

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Goooorgeous! To be honest, I didn't ever really have that "The One" feeling. I tried on so many dresses. There was one I felt happier with and had a smile on my face when I tried it on.

I really love this dress! Would you wear your hair up to show off the back?

• missmandymoo
    Beginner August 2014
    missmandymoo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's too late, it's bought! I had 3 weeks to think about it and pretty much every day of those 3 weeks I was constantly looking at photographs of it. I had a big grin on my face when I first tried it on and again the second time. I also tried on Pronovias Dietrich again for the second time (it's way over my budget) and I also liked that very much along with a third dress. The third dress was eliminated because I prefer the Dietrich which was also eliminated because of the price tag. If the price wasn't an issue then it would make my decision slightly more difficult but now thinking about it, I think I would have still chosen Justina.

After I told the assistant that the Justina was the one (it just came out whilst wearing the Justina and staring at the other two dresses on the hanger). I had 5 minutes to myself in the Justina whilst she prepared the paperwork and it just felt right and I knew then that I have made the right decision.

I've not regretted my purchase. Infact I've probably hit the Justina page on the Sottero & Midgley site several times since ordering it in Saturday.

• missmandymoo
    Beginner August 2014
    missmandymoo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know what you mean! It's hard to know what that 'the one' feeling feels like. I can only go off clues I've given myself i.e the big grin, constantly looking at the dress online, the excitement of trying it on again etc. When the sample doesn't fit you perfectly, it makes it even more difficult.

This is how I plan to have my hair ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics