Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner August 2011

I want to tell h2b about the dress!!!!!!!

jm2b, 10 October, 2010 at 15:07 Posted on Planning 0 23

This is going to kill me by the time the wedding comes round. I so want to tell h2b all the little details about the dress, and I know I can't. Yes, I do want him to see it for the first time on the day, and I really hope he goes wow, but he's my best friend and I tell him everything so it's very hard not telling him about this when it's all I can think about at the moment. How does everyone else cope? I need suggestions to take my mind off of it! What can I have as my next little project?!

23 replies

Latest activity by Doodle, 11 October, 2010 at 12:46
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

What does he think? Does he want to know or does he want it to be a surprise?

Personally I think a lot of the wedding traditions and 'superstitions' are a load of old scrotality... now if he wants to know and you want to tell him, I personally see no reason you shouldn't - although of course that may not be the popular opinion round here.

• J
    Beginner August 2011
    jm2b ·
    • Hide content

He wants it to be a complete surprise, and I respect that. I know I'd regret it if I did tell him. I'm just finding it very hard already and know it'll get harder. I'm normally good with secrets, I've never found it hard to keep a secret. Guess it's just because this secret's from h2b, we've never had secrets between us - ever - we tell each other everything. So this is a bit odd, even though I know it's a nice secret. Does it make sense how I'm feeling? I guess I just need something to distract me that I can talk to him about!

We're not sticking to all traditions by the way, I think this one will be more than enough!!

• L
    Beginner April 2011
    loopyjennie ·
    • Hide content

Know what you mean cause i am the same with my h2b.. i got round it by concentrating on looking for shoes to go with it :-)

• J
    Beginner August 2011
    jm2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My favourite thing in the world - like your thinking!! :-)

• L
    Beginner April 2011
    loopyjennie ·
    • Hide content

Mine too along with jewellery.. :-) way i see it as long as he doesnt know bout the dress i can tell him about the shoes and jewellery :-)

• J
    Beginner August 2011
    jm2b ·
    • Hide content

He doesn't want to know about any of it, as he says they'll all be clues as to style. He'd definitely know the colour if he saw the shoes. The one thing that I told him would be certain is that I would have a white dress, and I haven't!! The one I fell in love with didn't come in white. So if he saw the shoes I was thinking about he'd know I hadn't gone for white, as they would definitely not go with a white dress! Guess I'll have to talk to him about the cake, we've got the cake stand set up on the floor at the moment so we can decide how we best like it. Not as interesting as shoes and jewellery but suppose we could make it interesting.

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I really want to show OH the dresses I tried on the other day to get his opinion, but I daren't. I want it to be a surprise. I have asked him if he prefers fitted or princessy but he says I'll look lovely in either.... LOL!!!

• S
    Beginner September 2011
    Sawah ·
    • Hide content

I really want to tell my OH about my dress and show him the pics Smiley sad its going be a long 11 months

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

My W2B has seen my dress, she was with me when i bought it. But it was 6 months ago now and she's already 4gotten what it looks like!!!

• J
    Beginner August 2011
    jm2b ·
    • Hide content

Lol, that's what my h2b said this morning as he went to work, that he knows I'll look lovely in whatever it is I'm wearing. I thought, ah, how sweet. Then he addedd, and out of it!! Lol. He always changes the mood!!

Vickster, have you seen what your w2b is wearing too? Has she really forgotten what it looks like or is she just saying that? I think I'd remember but may say I'd fogotten just to tease!!

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Yeh we going dress shopping in a week or two...i have a pretty good idea of what she will pick. No i reckon she really has 4gotten. I have all the accessories and shoes etc thats added to the mix so there will be complete surprises. The only b*gger is that she is a hairdresser and id love her to do some hair trials for me but i cant have her doing that as i dont want her to see that till the morning. :-)

• J
    Beginner August 2011
    jm2b ·
    • Hide content

Have fun with the next shopping trip, all you've got to do is make sure she doesn't get the same dress as you! Yeah, that is a b*gger. You can't really be getting her to do your hair trials if you want to surprise her with all your accessories and styling. Plus, you'd end up wanting her to do you on the morning of the wedding as no-one else would probably compare! That wouldn't go down well! :-)

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can she recommend someone to do yours?

Or... can she do yours but get a colleague to do the finishing touches maybe?

xx

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Yeh we have sorted it with one of her work mates who will do the both of ours on the morning of wedding.

Oh and there is no way she would pick a dress like mine, she doesnt want any "faff" on it, just nice and plain! Im the one thats like a magpie and will be having the sparkly glittery bits ?

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

FINALLY! Someone who knows how I'm feeling. I really want to tell my H2B as well and it's killing me that I can't. I share everything with him and he is the one that helps me make decisions and I can't tell him anything.

• aecy
    Beginner October 2011
    aecy ·
    • Hide content

I've broken the rules slightly, I've told him its white (it is) but I've also said it's got pink bunnies on it lol

Oh and its killing me cos this months wedding ideas has a real life bride in my dress and I keep wanting to say what do you think.

• slinkysarah
    Beginner June 2011
    slinkysarah ·
    • Hide content

I'm finding it really hard not to tell h2b about the dress, as a lot of you have said I tell him everything and it doesn't seem right keeping it from him! If I make it to June without showing him I will be very suprised!!

• Tina Teaspoon
    Beginner May 2011
    Tina Teaspoon ·
    • Hide content

I'm finding it really hard, at the beginning was the worst straight after I'd ordered it. Now I'm mostly over the desperate urge to tell him, but I do keep nearly letting things slip - things like the other day we were talking about hair, and I was saying how I'm growing mine for now while I decide how I want it for the wedding. Then I nearly said "I need it to be long enough to wear in a side bun or something so I can show off the back of my dress" and only just stopped myself! I just remembered in time how he doesn't know what the back of my dress is like ?

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this! Quite often, it is my OH's opinion that I ask for before we go out, or if we are shopping, so I'm going to find it really difficult not to show him my dress - but I'm absolutely NOT going to (I swear!). Lol.

• A
    Beginner August 2011
    amythest76 ·
    • Hide content

Can totally relate to this!! i am so rubbish at keeping secrets and surprises and am desparate to know what he thinks, and to see what he would expect me to buy...he doesnt want to know anything about it-the colour style etc not even hair accessories or shoes!!ARGHHHHH

everytime we see dttb or a wedding on tv, in a mag or pass a shop I say oh do you like that dress, he always says im not answering i know what you are trying to do...!

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

Well I'm taking my OH dress shopping with me! He's the only one who can get my corsets just right, and he'll be lacing me up on the day, so he's coming with me. Besdies, I can guarantee he'll give me an honest opinion on my outfit, can't say the same for my teenage BMs or my sister or mum. I'll have to break the corset in anyway, so he'll see it then. And seeing as we're travelling together on the day and arriving for the ceremony arm in arm there's no point trying to keep secrets.

I can't keep secrets from him anyway - it's hard enough at Xmas.

• Tina Teaspoon
    Beginner May 2011
    Tina Teaspoon ·
    • Hide content

Actually I have an additional problem on this subject as my dad doesn't want to see pics of me in my dress either! He has seen the photo on the website of the model wearing it, but when I had the photos from when I ordered it he decided he didn't want to see them! He wants to wait until the day, when it fits right and I am all ready to go.

So I am hiding my dress on 2 fronts! No wonder I keep flashing it on here, ha ha!

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Im not finding it too hard, i dont think my OH is too fussed! i do want to have the WOW factor on the day so im keeping it secret from most people. i keep dropping little comments to throw him of the scent like on friday we were having dinner with friends and talking about the wedding and i mentioned being able to fit somewhere as my skirt is so wide (Im actually having quite a figure hugging dress) i noticed that he took notice of that comment! also im pretty sure he is expecting a pink dress too!

Vickster, do you and your OH have similar tastes in fashion, I think its good that you have gone shopping together, imagine turninging up in the same dress on the day!

• D
    Beginner
    Doodle ·
    • Hide content

Mine helped my pick mine lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics