Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maxi
Beginner February 2008

I was at the Eagles concert last night

Maxi, 5 July, 2009 at 17:37 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 8

And it was amazing ?

Didn't have high hopes tbh as I would have never classed myself as a fan. I got the tickets for H as his main birthday gift for his 40th. But I was totally blown away, singing away with all my might much to H's embarrasment (he's a fold your arms and look midly interested concert goer).

The support was Paul Carrack (off of Mike + The Mechanics) and he was excellent. Opened the show with 'How Long' and finished his act with 'Over My Shoulder'. I was surprised to find myself welling up at 'The Living Years' but understandable really as this song was at the top of the charts when my lovely Grandad passed away.

Felt a bit sorry for Paul Carrack as Hampden was still half empty when he came on (at 7pm). Not sure if Paul Carrack is supporting the Eagles at the other UK gigs- but if he is, and you have tickets, be there for 7pm - he's well worth it!

Was struggling to think what else to get H for his birthday but i've just found out that his all time act - Alison Moyet, is touring at the end of the year so i'm going to get him tickets for that.

8 replies

Latest activity by Maxi, 6 July, 2009 at 13:17
  • Mal
    Expert January 2018
    Mal ·
    • Hide content

Aw I love The Eagles. They remind me of being in the car when I was wee (and my Mum singing very badly ?)

• Peaches
    Super January 2012
    Peaches ·
    • Hide content

We saw them here in Houston last December after Hurricane Ike put paid to the concert back in September.

Awesome concert. Well worth the wait

• Roobarb
    Beginner January 2007
    Roobarb ·
    • Hide content

My best friend was there last night - at 40+2 pregnant! She was hoping it might kickstart contractions but nothing yet!

• Maxi
    Beginner February 2008
    Maxi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Bet she was glad it was all seated. It was hot in Hampden!

Like the Take That concert I was really impressed with the policing outside of Hampden (and my fellow concert goers). We had to wait in the train queue to get back to central station and though the queue snaked back for a mile or so, everyone was really well behaved and surprisingly quiet. And the police horses are stunning - I couldn't resist giving one of them a tickle.

• Flump
    Expert January 2012
    Flump ·
    • Hide content

Who's in the Eagles these days? I adore Don Henley. Would have liked to have seen that concert.

Paul Carrack is doing a tour later this year and I'm def getting tickets for that.

• Mrs Winkle
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Winkle ·
    • Hide content

I saw The Eagles a couple of years ago at Twickenham and thought they were fab. I especially liked it when Don Henley sang "Boys of Summer" <sigh>

• Maxi
    Beginner February 2008
    Maxi ·
    • Hide content

Flump - Here's a link to review of Saturday's show with the line up

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/live-music-reviews/5756004/The-Eagles-at-Hampden-Park-Glasgow-review.html

Not that I agree with the review. I thought they rocked!

Highlights for me were Lyin' Eyes and Boys of Summer.

I didn't know Paul Carrack was touring this year - thanks!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics