Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

PadBin
Rockstar July 2016

I washed my wedding dress in the bath

PadBin, 29 of October of 2016 at 11:47 Posted on Planning 1 4

I thought I'd share this with other brides as it worked great.

I didn't want to sell my dress and it wasn't the sort that I could wear again but I still wanted to keep it.

It was filthy on the train and bottom edge and had tan and lipstick marks on the bodice and didn't smell great but I was wasn't willing to pay £200 to have it cleaned so decided to do it my self. I worked in a dry cleaners for a while 10 years ago so that slightly took the pressure off.

I checked the lable and it said it could be good in the washing machine but my dress was really big so there's no way it would fit. I filled the bath with warm water then dissolved 4 scopes of vanish and 2 Wasing tablets it it. i soaked my dress for 30mins the swished it around gently, most of the stains came out instantly. I then risened it out loads.

Drying was tricky but I put it on the line draping over 2 chairs to get most of the water out the as it was still wet I hung it over the stairs with 2 fans going.

It's now completly dry and clean. I'm going to get a storage box on eBay.

4 replies

Latest activity by PadBin, 1 of November of 2016 at 20:49
  • L
    Beginner April 2017
    LuxuriousOrangeStationery624 ·
    • Hide content

This is such great advice - thanks for sharing!

• Sweeties
    Beginner November 2016
    Sweeties ·
    • Hide content

That's a brilliant idea.

Brilliant cost saving

• S
    Beginner September 2016
    Shikaka1984 ·
    • Hide content

I did exactly the same last month. ?

I wouldn't say that they dress is super duper stain free but it was all on the inside anyway and wasn't too dark to begin with.

I agree that the drying was a bit of a pain but definitely worth it in the end.

It's all boxed up now in an acid free box and i'm chuffed to have saved a few pennies. ?

I highly recommend the Empty Box company. I bought mine off of them on Amazon and they are listed as the Wedding Dress Box Company. The quality is great, the box is sturdy and they supply lots of acid free paper too.

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Great tips - I'm going to write these down for next June! xx

• PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

I'm glad I could help.

I couldn’t believe how much all the little extras were when it comes to the dress.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics