Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Ice cream Cart / Tricycle for evening reception - Hertfordshire

21 February, 2012 at 12:07 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi

I have decided to look into prices for having an ice cream cart/tricyle to be an addition to the evening buffet - as the venue doesnt offer any dessert options for the buffet

So far - the cheapest I have found that will do 2 hours unlimited ice cream for 120 people is £355 (6 flavours)

I was wondering if anyone else who had a wedding in Hertfordshire had used one of these - if their guests liked it, and if it was any cheaper than this?

thanks

11 replies

Latest activity by aholloway, 23 February, 2012 at 22:19
  • sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

Ive not heard of this before but i think it a brilliant idea! Readlly different ?

Suppose if you break it down if everyone has 1 it is just under £3 a head....

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    Mrswebb2b ·
    • Hide content

We are pretty certain we are having one, we got a quote for 50 people unlimited icecreams with sauces sprinkles, flakes and 3 different flavors for £200 for 2 hours which we thought was good so based on my price yours seems a good deal!

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sue250 ·
    • Hide content

We have hired one, it is costing us £400 for 6 different flavours of ice cream and sorbets to feed upto 360 people which means everyone will get at least 2 each as we have decided to ahve him just as the night do is kicking off. we are going to go to his farm and choose the flavours we want soon so he can have them made up and ready in time for the wedding.

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

I'm not in your area, I'm Staffordshire but I was quoted £175 for 8 flavours and assorted cones for 3 hours (midweek wedding)

• Nik_Nak
    Beginner September 2011
    Nik_Nak ·
    • Hide content

Hey there

We didn't have an ice cream cart but we had a vintage ice cream van (serving Italian ice cream) turn up after our ceremony, with chimes going - it was a complete surprise for all our guests (some thought it was a prop) and everyone LOVED it!!! We had them for an hour, 4 flavours chosen by us (choc, strawberry, vanilla, toffee from Marine Ices in Chalk Farm) - we paid £170 up front for 50 ice creams, then it was £2 extra for each ice cream after that. It was so popular that some of our guests had 3!!!

You can see the van turn up in our wedding video at 09:10 - https://vimeo.com/32119412

The company are based in Hitchin, Herts and Tasha is very helpful - www.icebaby.co.uk

I shopped around and actually found Ice Baby to be cheaper than other Herts based ice cream tricycles / vans. Any questions, please feel free to ask - good luck with the search x

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure of prices but I know that Betty the Van from Vintage Scoops is very well loved & treasured :-)

https://www.vintagescoops.co.uk/home.html

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sue250 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This isn't Lanza's by any chance is it? i tried his ice cream at a wedding fayre and it is amazing

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

Their carts are almost identical, I had to dig out the flier to check but no, it was Vitaliano's

• Doris 5/10
    Beginner May 2013
    Doris 5/10 ·
    • Hide content

We are having an ice cream cart for our dessert after the bbq.

£395 for 6 different flavours, toppings etc serves 150 people. We are on a budget and this was cheaper than the venue serving cheesecake!! This way everyone can eat has much as they want.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Try G&D's in oxford, if they will come out that far - we had them at ours and they were fab!

• aholloway
    Beginner September 2012
    aholloway ·
    • Hide content

Were having our local ice cream van and he's only charging for the ice cream's sold, no extra :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics