Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Snowby
Beginner September 2013

Ice sculpture table plan/centrepieces

Snowby, 28 October, 2012 at 16:24 Posted on Planning 0 6

We went to a wedding last weekend and the couple had used an ice sculpture for their table plan. This isn't the one (their's had a lot more flowers set in it) but I've grabbed this example from Google. It looked pretty impressive and certainly was a talking point.

While looking online, I also noticed that people used them with flowers etc set in them for table centrepieces. I've never seen ice sculptures used at a wedding before - cue a line of wedding aficionados to tell me it's all old hat ? They're not to everyone's taste (I know they wouldn't fit with the feel we're going for on our day) but just thought I'd share in case anyone was looking for inspiration.

6 replies

Latest activity by Snowby, 28 October, 2012 at 20:29
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Yea I am one of those that have seen these lots before.

I personally love ice sculptures I think its a real art! We were pondering the idea of having one at our wedding but probably unlikely now.

• Snowby
    Beginner September 2013
    Snowby ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Perhaps I should get out more ?

Did you look into costs when you were considering one? I imagine them being quite pricey.

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

I'm not really a fan of ice sculptures no offence to anyone who does, is a personal taste thing, however I do really like this. Not for my wedding but if I was having a winter wedding, then maybe.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I worked in events so hence why I have seen lots.

Yea they are quite pricey.... start at around £150 for a very simple design then anything up to £500+ it really depends if they are hand carved or just from a mould, not really fan of the moulded ones as they tend to look cheap not as effective.

I saw this company at a wedding fayre they have some prices on their website which will give you an idea of price.

https://www.funkyice.co.uk/

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

I don't understand the concept of them as don't they just melt in the end?!

I agree that they can look fab tho.

• Snowby
    Beginner September 2013
    Snowby ·
    • Hide content

I'd have thought this too - there was a little bit of meltage but it still looked in good shape by the end of the night.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics