Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner February 2018

ICELAND!

SunnyGreenBridesmaid682, 8 of October of 2016 at 15:30 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 3

Hello! We are looking into and very much hoping to get married in Iceland February 2018.

Does anyone have any experience they can share or are going through the same? Feeling a bit overwhelmed but trying to avoid forking out big money for a wedding planner if it is plausible to arrange ourselves with a bit of savvy and prior organisation.

Thanks in advance!

3 replies

Latest activity by RomanticYellowConfetti20435, 30 of January of 2019 at 08:55
  • Strawberry laces
    Beginner November 2016
    Strawberry laces ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

I'm getting married in Iceland next month, organised through Thomson https://thomson.inbro.net/seeinsidebrochure/Thomson_Weddings-November-2016-...-October-2017:-April-Edition/ESCAPE/ICELAND--/pages_140-141

We used Thomson for ease more than anything, and they've been helpful throughout so I would recommend them. However, I do think it can be done without a wedding planner. If it's a civil ceremony you're after, these guys do all civil ceremonies in Iceland and an be booked online: http://sidmennt.is/english/. Other than that, the paperwork isn't too complicated (straightforward form in English, legalised copies of birth certificates, passports and Certificates of No Impediment).

We're not having any guests though, just the the two of us, so may get complicated if you're bringing a lot of guests and want a full reception.

Hope this helps, let me know if you want anymore details ?

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

We got married in Lapland and found trip advisor quite helpful. Search Iceland forum in and see what comes up as you usually hear from people that live there or have been. Good luck with planning! We looked at Iceland originally and it looks so beautiful ?

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I got married in January and also thought about Iceland but went with Lapland in the end. As Laplwnd2015 said check it trip advisor and Google. I didn't have a wedding planner at all. I booked the holiday and then arranged the whole thing myself via email. Lapland2015 and I both had wonderful cold and snowy weddings. ?. (A week apart in the same chapel!) We can't advise on island but we have a host of cold wedding questions we can answer. Xx

• R
    Beginner July 2019
    RomanticYellowConfetti20435 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, really keen to hear whether you managed without a wedding planner? My fiancé and I are getting married in Iceland next July. We only really need help with the paperwork, finding a celebrant and the location. Prices seem fairly high for these basics...but they're pretty important things to get right! Any tips or advice would be gratefully received!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics