Charlotte
Expert April 2022 Wiltshire

Icons Changed

Charlotte, 15 September 2021 at 09:06 Posted on Feedback to Hitched 0 4
Saved

Has anyone else icons for guests changed? Previously the icons were male/female or child pics, now it is just a grey icon, which makes it harder to identify the guest type, especially on the seating plan tool.

4 replies

Latest activity by Helen, 11 October 2021 at 17:24
  • Helen
    Hitched Admin August 2022 Surrey
    Helen ·

Hey Charlotte!

I'm Helen, the deputy editor at Hitched. We've actually recently changed this for everyone - we got quite a few messages from couples whose guests didn't identify as male or female and they didn't like having to put them into those categories. We decided to remove the section where you pick the gender of your guest so you'll see these new grey icons with your guests' names next to them instead.

We're always working hard to make the site more inclusive and I hope it doesn't affect your seating chart planning too much. If you can't see your guests' name then let me know and we can get one of our tech team to look into it!

Thanks,

Helen x

• Charlotte
    Charlotte Online ·

Thanks for the reply Helen, and fully understand the reasoning, I guess it was just easier to see with the colours. Maybe Hitched could look at an option to assign different colours to icons so give choice to brides to help ease the planning visually, or keep the male female and add an option for non gender specific, so that is inclusive for all identities? but no worries if not an option

• Kirsty
    Beginner August 2022 South West London
    Kirsty ·
    Hi, is there a way to change the genders at all? Because on my analytics it seems to have assigned gender anyway, but in a very odd way. It says there are
    0 female, 42 male and 119 unassigned. Is it going my name? Is it random?
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte Online ·
    View quoted message

Not now, when you go in to a guest profile there is no option so I suspect the analytics was partial merged over when they changed it. You can see Adult vs Children numbers but not gender specifics

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics