Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

pinkprincess2012
Beginner May 2013

Idea needed please for my cocktail themed wedding.....

pinkprincess2012, 9 March, 2012 at 11:17 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi Ladies

Im new to the forum; getting married May 2013. I have chosen my wedding dress and have 4 bridemaids and 2 flower girls. Thinking of hot pink and a bright green! Decided on a cocktail theme but Im a bit stuck with my ideas.........

So far have decided on strawberry or peach bellini's as welcome drinks and all the tables being named after a cocktail with the ingrediants for the cocktail laminated and left on each table. Having large martinin glasses as table centrepieces with crystals and coloured lights inside. Other than this Im a bit stuck really. Really fancied 'cocktail mixes' for my favours and found some powder one's called 'perfect match' but these are from America and cannot be shipped through customs and into the UK. Does anyone have any ideas for favours for the ladies and the men or indeed any other ideas?

Help very much appreciated :-)

Tracy xxx

3 replies

Latest activity by willumino, 9 March, 2012 at 11:55
  • JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

Ooooh fab, I absolutely adore cocktails, in fact it's mine and my OH's little hobby ? (we're also getting married in May 2013).

Anyway for favours I would buy some lovely cocktail glasses and write your names and wedding date or the guests names and they could be placenames too ?

https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-casa-cocktail-glass-boy-of-4/p230657138

If you wanted different ones for the men you could get them low-ball glasses eg for the old fashioned whiskey cocktails and personalise them too.

• pinkprincess2012
    Beginner May 2013
    pinkprincess2012 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks hun, there'a definately an idea for me. Ooohhh what date you getting married? We're 18th May :-) xx

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

8th May, in Italy ? We shall be serving Prosecco cocktails (amongst others) too ?

• willumino
    Beginner June 2013
    willumino ·
    • Hide content

How about cocktail shakers? You could get glass paint and put your date on it, and maybe even fill it with a little bottle of alcohol and a cocktail recipe for using it... Depending on the budget obviously! And if you have any children could do the same thing but give them a little bottle of grenadine and a fruit cocktail recipe? i also found a company called Cocktailbox ( www.cocktailbox.co.uk ) and they do premixed cocktails in boxes - like a wine box - which you could use for something. Maybe a different one for each table to match the name or having them instead of champagne for welcome drinks?

LOVE the bright colour scheme...

I was almost a May 2013 bride but they didn't have the date free at the venue we wanted so am now June 1st!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics