Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner July 2026 Derbyshire

Ideas!

Holly, 3 of February of 2024 at 08:26 Posted on Planning 0 1
Hi All! Recently engaged and we are wanting to view and book a venue earlier on so we have plenty of time with payment / planning. We have done our guest list and we both have large family and friends group and completed a guest list on 150 people. We are looking at ways we can save money / stick to budget. 1st being getting married later on and only having the evening reception with food for everyone so no day / night guests… has anyone done this and it worked well?
2nd having a big tipi and doing food again later for everyone so I.e hog roast / pizzas etc. but incurring costs of toilet and generator hire etc.
we have gone back through the guest list many a times and that is the definite number. Just basically any suggestions or ideas and if anyone has done the later ceremony? Thanks everyone 😊

1 replies

Latest activity by Leanne, 7 of February of 2024 at 20:03
  • Leanne
    Savvy June 2024 Staffordshire
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    Hello holly .

I got married later on to my first husband . It was a 3pm ceremony on the 4th sep so still plenty of daylight . He was from a very large family as am I . We had a nice venue , fairy lights as standard etc , chandeliers etc and use of the kitchen , with the option to do your own catering . My brother who is a chef and in the know done my food and was able to hire waitresses to serve it . I kept it really simple , had lasagna, potatoe pie , a fish pie , jacket potatoes, selection of cheeses and crackers and fruit . Cake was cut up and given out . Everyone complimented it . I went to a wedding recently where they got married at 3pm too , had a nice function room and done a traditional buffet , it was lovely . The morning flies until , before you know it you have to be on your way ! I’m a bit miffed that this time I’ll have to be up for about 0430am to make our 12 o’clock ceremony 🙈😂😂 . We have gone for a package though and have been able to keep to a lot less people , only going to be 50 max coming . It was a good deal though . xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics