Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner

Ideas for a relaxed, chilled wedding PLEASE!!

missbones123, 14 March, 2011 at 18:05 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi,

We have been looking for venues for about a month now and we are stumped! I cannot justify spending the £1,000's that most hotels etc charge. I want a relaxed wedding day which wont cripple us money wise.

We have looked at Marquee weddings - but unsure, has anyone any experiences they can share?

Any info, advice, ideas would be fab!

Cheers!

Miss Bones?

9 replies

Latest activity by sammy_wheeler, 14 March, 2011 at 20:05
  • BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Oooh you're in my neck of the woods.

Have you thought about a village hall for afterwards? You can easily "do them up" to look nice.

Have you set a date?

Do you want a church or civil ceremony?

• M
    Beginner
    missbones123 ·
    • Hide content

No specific date (just 2012)

Im not very religious so I'm not bothered too much about a church wedding but think my other half would like a churchy do.

Just looked at holiday packages for weddings - but then its the issue of who would fly out? Grandparents etc may not...

Ohhhh!!

Whats your day going to be like?

x

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I would say you first need to sort out whether as a couple you do want a church or not.

Just a suggestion... how about a nice register office (some can be very pretty especially if inside a town hall) and then like BrideBrat says a village/church hall for a relaxed buffet? You could do afternoon tea (that's what I'm doing) and decorate with bunting and village-fete type decor. Or you could do a hot buffet in the evening and have dancing and a family-home kind of feel.

• M
    Beginner
    missbones123 ·
    • Hide content

Love the village fete feeling! I've seen weddings with missmatched cups and saucers - that would be nice!

Not too sure on village hall having a think of whats around here.. nothing springs to mind that would feel right.

I feel like such an awkward buggar!! Smiley smile

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Small ceremony at a Castle in Shropshire followed by afternoon tea there - Then onto Chester in a beautiful old Holy Trinity church for a big knees up with the Evening guests as well as the main meal thingy. We have a vintage theme going on and also want it nice and relaxed like yourself. I'm not one for the conveyor belt, traditional weddings.

Ours is a small budget compared to most people.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you know, I thought exactly the same and then one day drove past the church hall we're having... I'd never noticed it before but I suddenly realised it was perfect! My little brother even had a birthday party there years ago but when it came to planning the wedding I totally overlooked it!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

How about a church/civil ceremony followed by a reception at a restaurant with exclusive use. You could move on to have an evening reception at a nice hall.

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

Ohh you near me!

my whole weding is costing less than £5000 so it can be done! easily!

we are getting married in a lovely hotel 60ppl cant wait Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner
    missbones123 ·
    • Hide content

Will have to keep my eyes open for nice church halls now!!

less than £5000 sounds fab - reasonable!

thanks for advice gals... there is so much to do! first on list is church/civil ceremony decision!

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

For me it was defo a hotel/civil- i dont go to church and i think its not on that ppl get married in church when they dont go regulary. so it was never a choice for me

£5000 was defo easy- for that- videographer, photographer, 3 bms dresses, my dress, wedding rings, honeymooon ( 12 night cruise to the med) , hotel, registrar, 60 ppl coming, buffet, sweetie table, dj (for 7 hours), all the flowers, all the decs, favours, wedding car, invites (table plan, place cards etc etc) suit hire for 6 ppl, shoes & jewellary for bridesmaids, shoes and jewellery for me, bridal party gifts, cake (cupcakes and 1 tier)

so easily done!

hope you find somewhere soon

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics