Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner April 2013

Ideas for after wedding meal for 2 in London ???

Sarald, 18 October, 2012 at 10:31 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hello lovely ladies!

We are eloping next april ?

Im looking for ideas for a lovely meal after our ceremony, somewhere scenic and with great food is a must..

Can anyone help??

Thanks a million

Sara xx

16 replies

Latest activity by *Pugsley*, 19 October, 2012 at 08:18
  • Trouble_gb
    Beginner September 2013
    Trouble_gb ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sara,

Not sure what your budget is but my OH took me here for my 30th and it was AMAZING!!!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C1CHFX_enGB500GB500&aq=0&oq=galvin&sugexp=chrome,mod=0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=galvin+at+windows

You need to phone up and book a window table ( tell them what it's for)

Otherwise I would also recommend the Bleeding Heart in Hatton Garden. View not so great but food is to die for.

If you want a view I would recommend Coq D'argent for Cocktails before hand. It has an amazing roof top terrace that should be open and you can see around london.

Hope that helps!

XX

• S
    Beginner April 2013
    Sarald ·
    • Hide content

Fab !

Thank you, I will have a look at them !

xx

• natally
    Beginner August 2014
    natally ·
    • Hide content

You could try Clos Maggiore, mean't to be Londons most romantic restaurant, W1 is my favourite but for views have a look a Oxo Tower

• S
    Beginner April 2013
    Sarald ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Smiley smile

They all look stunning- oxo has fab views too... oh decisions!! xx

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    LEN11212 ·
    • Hide content

What time will you be looking to eat? Some of the places mentioned are fantastic but will be full of suits at a lunch time (especially Oxo Tower and the Bleeding Heart) which may not create the ambiance you are after.

Both those have the most amazing cheese trollies!

• S
    Beginner April 2013
    Sarald ·
    • Hide content

Hi Smiley smile

We are getting married on a saturday, will the oxo be ok then do you think??

I will be allowed to eat lots of cheese as I have already fit into my dress! Smiley laugh

xx

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Ooo

I second Galvin at Windows went for my 30th too.

Kensignton Roof Gardens

Alan Duccaise at the Dorchester. (or the dorchester Grill) (scenic in terms of celeb watching)

The River Restaurant at The Savoy

The Ritz

Dinner By heston at the Mandarin Oriental https://www.dinnerbyheston.com/

• natally
    Beginner August 2014
    natally ·
    • Hide content

I would think so but why not give them a call, also you can make sure you are a priority for a good table.

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    LEN11212 ·
    • Hide content

Oxo sounds great for a Saturday! You might find they don't take reservations this far out but you should definitely try and book as soon as you can and request a window table.

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    LEN11212 ·
    • Hide content

Dinner at the Mandarin Oriental is really amazing too, and the food is pretty different to what you would get elsewhere. Plus you can go for a lovely walk in Hyde Park afterwards (we really needed a walk after!).

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Galvin at Windows is the most scenic one I've been to (at the top of a tower block by Hyde Park), but was slightly underwhelmed by the food.

Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester is probably one of the best meals I've ever had, totally amazing.

Dinner by Heston is also awesome, though the Mandarin Oriental bar at night was...interesting...

For lunch, both Sketch and L'Atelier de Joel Roubouchon do fantastic lunch deals.

• S
    Beginner April 2013
    Sarald ·
    • Hide content

Thank you soooo much ladies for all your help!

I really appreciate it ❤️

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can highly reccomend the mandarin in hyde park. Dinner overlooks the park and is beautiful. I've eaten there a few times and the food is amazing as is the service. Also, if you tell the mandarin why you're booking I'm sure they'll make you feel extra special. They have never failed to please me.

I was going to get married at the mandarin oriental except that I wanted to choose somewhere new where staff didn't know me (I really do go there a lot!) So if I turn in to bridezilla I can still show my face!

Good luck with choosing, maybe go to all the above mentioned places and do taster sessions in each ;-P! hehe.

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

where do you go for then Mrs H? Are you a fellow hitcher getting hitched in the city like funky is, and me?

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I went for St.Michaels manor in St.Albans in the end. It's much much closer to where I live and also friends and family so will be easier (and cheaper) for them to get cabs home or hotels near by.

Where did you get married Clare?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics