Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Beginner September 2016

Ideas for an evening buffet

villachick1972, 23 October, 2012 at 12:57 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi all b2b's, im really getting into the swing of these forums and loving all the advise and ideas from others. We have decided on our wedding breakfast of a BBQ, as we both like that kind of food and thought it would be more informal but we are now looking at ideas for the evening buffet. We would like something different and hoped others could come up with some ideas to help us decide. Findind the evening reception hard to decide upon.

3 replies

Latest activity by Debs12xx, 23 October, 2012 at 15:45
  • *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

We had a BBQ as well and decided on cheese, ham, bread and salad for the evening. I spent ages deciding this but really wish I'd just decided on something immediately and stuck to it. I forgot to even eat any of ours and the only people who really did eat anything were the evening guests. As long as you have something that most people will like I don't think it really matters. We decided on a cold buffet because we didn't want anything too greasy after the BBQ.

• xKellsBellsx
    Beginner December 2012
    xKellsBellsx ·
    • Hide content

Hi there, we are having a wedding cake made of cheese, and this is being cut up in the evening to form the basis of our buffet. The venue are supplying breads and chutneys, and we are supplying some additional pate. It saves money as your wedding cake doubles up as your evening buffet. We got ours from The Cheese Shed and it feeds approx 160 people. Here is a pic of ours:

• JayneyB
    Beginner November 2012
    JayneyB ·
    • Hide content

My H2B didn't like the idea of a traditional buffet, sandwiches salads etc. I personally dont mind but instead we have chosen Baked Potatos to be served later on. Not too big ones that will send out guests into a food coma, but they will have a choice of cheese, beans and a chilli for topping, along with the usual salad. With it being a cold November evening I thought it could be yummy!

• D
    Beginner October 2013
    Debs12xx ·
    • Hide content

We are having a sit down meal in the day so are just having bacon rolls and jackets with fillings and salads in the evening x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics