Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Navy_girl
Beginner

Ideas for children activity bags.

Navy_girl, 9 November, 2010 at 17:13 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi,

I have made my own activity bags for all the children during the speeches. For the little one, have got crayons, colouring books, stickers, mini car things n stickers! However I have a couple of slghlty older children 12/13 who wil still want a bag but Im stuck for things to put in them! Any ideas welcome!!! ?

14 replies

Latest activity by Lucy137, 15 January, 2011 at 22:39
  • H
    Beginner January 2018
    heath1980 ·
    • Hide content

Top Trumps? I know it might sounds a little quirky but it will keep them entertain for an hour or so and the adults join in as well.

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

What about a quiz book, mini magic tricks, a suduko book/crossword puzzle book, modeling ballons kit, disposable camera with list fo thigs to take photso of.

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

I love the idea of a disposable camera and list of things to photograph!

• Navy_girl
    Beginner
    Navy_girl ·
    • Hide content

I knew other people would have good ideas, its been driving me crazy thinking of 'age appropriate' stuff! Thanks for all your fab ideas x

• loopyloo80
    Beginner May 2012
    loopyloo80 ·
    • Hide content

OOH let us know how the bags go down as I am having about 20 children maybe more ... I am hiring a magician though who I might get to take the kids off to the side during the speeches to entertain them Smiley laugh

But I think Bags whilst they are waiting inbetween courses etc would be fab.

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

what about a lip gloss, notebook n pen and a disposible camera.

• T
    Beginner August 2012
    The current Miss L the future Mrs H ·
    • Hide content

My friend put a disposable camera, list of things to take photos of and a pen to tick them off the list as well as a lovely photo album to put photos in once developed, it was for younger children (aged 3 - 8) but went down really well and kept them entertained for quite a while. They were part of the wedding party so perhaps not an albumn if they are just guests.

• sidsidney
    Beginner
    sidsidney ·
    • Hide content

Hi! As the above post suggests, we put disposable cameras in and a list of photos to take and that went down really well - we also got some rather funny photos out of it, that we passed back to the kids after. As well as colouring books I brought small lego kits for them too. They were slightly younger than yours, but the lego kits kept them busy for about an hr in the evening so they were good value for money!! I think I got them for about a fiver each.

sid x

• K
    Beginner
    KatiePascoe ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding a couple of weeks ago and the childrn were gicen these great books in their activity bags. Kept the children amused for ages I am getting them for my wedding next year.

Found them here

http://www.theweddingofmydreams.co.uk/gifts-for-guests/easily-entertained-children-activity-books-fortune-favours-a-lotto-favours-will-keep-wedding-guests-entertained/childrens-wedding-activity-book-g-award-winning.html

• S
    Beginner
    SoontobeMrsSSmith ·
    • Hide content

Small puzzles, like the ones you slide around to make the pictures or those wooden block ones I feel are always good for amusing the boys.

Girls I think are trickier.

• Roll on July!
    Beginner July 2011
    Roll on July! ·
    • Hide content

Just found this post while looking for things to keep children amused during the reception. I really like the idea of the disposable camera and list of things to take photos of but am struggling for things that are 'children friendly'! (not having kids ourselves). Can anyone recommend things to put on the list? I was thinking: cake, bride and groom kissing, a flower . . .

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

-Someone pulling a funny face

-People dancing

-Someone wearing a hat

-A man with a beard

-Someone wearing pink

etc etc

• Roll on July!
    Beginner July 2011
    Roll on July! ·
    • Hide content

Thank you!

• Navy_girl
    Beginner
    Navy_girl ·
    • Hide content

Our activity bags went down really well with all the children. For the older children we did kind of an questions sheet, when they knew who the person was they then had to go take their picture. For example my dad's called Tim so we put "the father of the brides not Dim but he's called..." Thought it was slightly more amusing than just random pics of the floor!!

• L
    Beginner February 2011
    Lucy137 ·
    • Hide content

We have got activity boxes for the younger kids, but for the older ones we are doing the 'i spy' photo thing http://www.weddingbyclor.com/gorgeous6/milestones/70572

You can download it from this website instead of just making a list yourself, it should keep them busy for a little while at least!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics