Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2012

Ideas for children's activity/party bags?

LeicesterBride, 16 January, 2012 at 11:31 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi all,

We have around 25 children aged 2-8 coming to our wedding, and a further 10 aged 8-12. Originally we'd thought of having a children's party in an adjoining room for a couple of hours whilst adults ate, providing entertainer and nanny/s. However, the venue we've finally decided on doesn't have a room big enough so the plan now is as follows:

Have a separate table for children aged 2-8 (in same room as adults), with a number of adult CRB-checked supervisors (girls from my childrens' nursery). We'll cater separately for children (we're having an indian buffet so think it's safer to offer children's pary food for our younger guests).

To keep the children occupied we're goingto plan a treasure hunt in the garden, plus have activity bags. But what should we put in them? I was thinking of having age and gender specific (i.e. boy/girl bag for 2-4, and girl/boy bag for 5-8). Also, I thought it might be nice to give something like a disposable camera to the 8-12 year olds? Is this a good idea? Worth it? There are 10 of them so ti'll be a bit overkill pic-wise, but might be nice for them? Any other ideas?

Children 0-2 will be provided with highchairs and seated with their parents, and children over 8yrs will also be seated with the adults.

We want it to be a family day enjoyed by all so want to make sure we're considering the children, plus enabling parents to have a couple of hours of grown-up time, too.

Thank you in advance xx

10 replies

Latest activity by Pink Han-bag, 8 January, 2013 at 07:42
  • M
    Beginner June 2012
    manda29 ·
    • Hide content

I've made my own activity packs, Disposable cameras are £6 inc processing in Max Spielman, I've printed a list of shots for them to take to make it amusing (oldest person, funniest face etc,

I've made activity packs with puzzles and colouring pages in (some easy some hard) colouring pencils, pencil sharpener, pens, notepad, bouncy ball, a book and whatever else I spot between now and June LOL

It's cost more than I wanted to spend but we've only got 7 children coming and 2 of them are mine

I know from previous weddings that kids get bored very easily.

Smiley smile

• Mrs2013
    Beginner August 2013
    Mrs2013 ·
    • Hide content

I would be interested in this thread as I will be having 10 children ages 2.5-7 and need to keep them entertained one being my own child Smiley smile

Thanks ladies x

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

Small games to play? Travel versions of things, top trumps? Home Bargains can be good for little toys.

• L
    Beginner September 2012
    LeicesterBride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you - love the idea of doing a list of photos. I think it'll cost a fair bit but we have a budget for it so worth doinf - and we want all tohave a good time, not just parents. If the children are bored it'll be horrible for them, and stressful for the parents.

I thought about little jigsaws forthe girls and 3d jigsaw planes/dinosaurs for the boys. Colouring books and crayones are a good plan, as are stickers, maybe? Also, someone suggested that at desert time, give each child an iced cupcake and some bits and pieces with which to decorate their own cupcake - a little craft activity to keep them amused for a few extra minutes...! All helps.

Thank you for your ideas!

xx

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

Small tubs of playdoh!

• L
    Beginner September 2012
    LeicesterBride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Top Trumps for 5-8 age group is a great idea! Will keep an eye open.

Thank you x

• Nikki_D
    Beginner June 2012
    Nikki_D ·
    • Hide content

Iv done these for the children at my wedding too. We have 5 girls between 3-7 and 5 guys from 3-10, so we have done mini colouring books, crayons, mini puzzles, the girls have got a butterfly beaded necklace and bracelet set, and the guys got cars tattoos plus a few more bits n pieces. just to keep them entertained.

we was thinking of for the older ones, there are 3 aged 12-14, and getting them a sock monkey with there name on it. but not sure about this idea yet...

• stoice
    Beginner September 2013
    stoice ·
    • Hide content

Might be worth checking with your venue if pencils/crayons are allowed.

Just in case they colour in the table cloths, the walls etc.?

• A
    askpreeti ·
    • Hide content

I think hiring party entertainers is the best way to keep children busy and engaged. you can think about characters like superhero characters ,princess characters or mascot characters. party entertainers will keep children busy with fun games and as you said the venue that you have decided does not have big room, then entertainers can use garden area area to perform their activities.

• A
    askpreeti ·
    • Hide content

Hi, i will suggest you to to hire party entertainers.

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

We're only having a few kids, one of which is my own. I've done them a personalised bag with colouring/sticker book, crayons, playing cards (fireman sam/peppa pig) and will pop some sweeties in. I know my 3yo would love a camera so I might get a couple for him and his cousin and see what happens ?

I just wanted to say, as a wedding guest I'd expect to entertain my own child. I take things for him to do. We went to a wedding recently and he was happy sat with us for the meals etc and then played a bit with the other kids, he didn't know the other children so I'm not sure he'd have been brilliant sat away from me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics