Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner October 2011

Ideas for children's 'goody bags'

SuperSpud, 4 May, 2011 at 12:42 Posted on Planning 0 13

We've got two young children attending our wedding - one will be our flowergirl and the other is our friends little boy. The little boy will be three and our flowergirl will be nearly 2.5yrs. There will also be two babies attending.

We were thinking of putting together a little goody bag for the toddlers, as a little treat for them and also partly to keep them entertained during the 'boring bits'.

As neither of us have children, we're a bit stumpted as to what to put into the bags. Anyone any ideas?

13 replies

Latest activity by Sherrie H, 4 May, 2011 at 16:57
  • Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

I had a good one, and funnily anough it came from my hen night when we were all making play dough willys! We had some spare play dough tubs, unused of course, and kids love it! xx

• CardiffInvitations
    CardiffInvitations ·
    • Hide content

I would definitley recommend a colouring book and some crayons and definitley avoid anything musical!

Anna

• belindacoles
    Beginner May 2011
    belindacoles ·
    • Hide content

We have 6 kiddies at our wedding ranging from 2-9.

We got a lot of stuff from the likes of poundland... colouring books, crayons, play cards etc and then put in some little jelly sweets as well.

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

I agree re colouring book etc (make sure you don't give out felt tips or wax crayons though!). I would also include bubbles.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

totally - 100%

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Read this a little too fast and thought you said you'd put play dough willies in the gift bags ?

Agree with the suggestion about Poundland. We're getting married abroad and doing welcome bags per couple. Where the couple has kids, we'll be doing a mini version for them. Popped into Poundland for inspiration yesterday and there were loads of colouring books, activity books, pens, pencils etc.

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

We have little toy cars that can be wound up so they can have races. those foam aeroplanes you can get so they can play with them too. Bubbles, colouring book, wordsearch book, colour pencils, yoyos, disposable camera with list of fun things to take photos of, mini footballs - we have huge grounds so they can go and let off steam. Our three are all boys.

For younger ones you could also have sticker books and maybe some crafty type kits like beads and ribbons to make neclaces for the little girl.

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

This sounds ace!

• caweena
    Beginner
    caweena ·
    • Hide content

We had 8 kids at ours, I bought goody bags from a site called cocoonparty(? I think!)

They all came wrapped in the same coloured cellophane and all I did was tie a name card to each of them and leave them on the table. Word of warning though, the ones I chose some of them came with those rocket balloons we used to get as kids that drive adults mad - my boss hasn't forgiven me for that one!! (Had the meal in the hotel where I work)

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

Thanks very much everyone! Some excellent ideas here - some we would never ever have thought of.

**heads off to Poundland with a mission**

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

These are good:

http://www.busybags.biz/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics