Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Z
Beginner September 2011

Ideas for decorating a small marquee

zoealana, 21 May, 2011 at 22:49 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi everybody.

I am having a bit of a blank when it comes to making a decision. Been to see the venue today and the marquee there needs to be decorated. it has 8 sides, 6 with windows and 2 doors. the buffet will be in there but only tables for the food. very informal. i was hoping to do a shabby chic/cath kidston type design but am unsure.

help please

z

6 replies

Latest activity by MrsJenLarkin, 5 August, 2011 at 22:05
  • Mrs P 2 B
    Beginner January 2012
    Mrs P 2 B ·
    • Hide content

Hi Zoealana, I asked a very simular question the other day. Here are the replys which might help https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/forums/t/235481.aspx

• Z
    Beginner September 2011
    zoealana ·
    • Hide content

Oh thanks so much. After much thought and a trip to abakhan i now have stupids amount of ribbon and net to hide all of the poles and make swags. small posies of flowers and willow hearts to decoratte. would have loved fairy lights but as our wedding ends before it goes dark there is not much point.

x

• Z
    Beginner September 2011
    zoealana ·
    • Hide content

Oh the other thing is the amount of bunting i would need ment that the fabric would cost a fortune even tho i really wanted it. i even am having bunting on our cake. if you find a cheeper bunting idea please let me know

x

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

For fabric try your local market - mine gave me 10% off when I said it was for my wedding. Also charity shops sell cheep bit of fabric or old clothes you can cut up. Or ask friends if they have some pieces of fabric/tablecloths etc that you can have. Lots of people keep stuff like this in their loft or spare room just in case...

• Z
    Beginner September 2011
    zoealana ·
    • Hide content

Yey. i have managed to get enough bunting off of good old ebay Smiley smile

• NorahS
    NorahS ·
    • Hide content

There are lots of articles about how to style a wedding marquee at www.myweddingmarquee.com

Sharon

• MrsJenLarkin
    Beginner January 2012
    MrsJenLarkin ·
    • Hide content

I had a marquee wedding and kept everything very simple, With the exception to the stuff I created and made.

Here are a few photos from our wedding photos to show you how we decorated the marquee.

Our marquee from full view, although you can't see, my Dad make some Huge pots of flowers for the entrance to the marquee

Our layout of table inside. We had plain ivory table linen and napkins. Tall centrepeices.

My homemade napkin rings, favour boxes and name backs for the chairs:

We also had a star light celing over the dance for, and looked amazing on the evening time:

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics