Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner May 2016

Ideas for Father/Daughter Mother/Son Dance

ExpensivePinkCars201, 29 of November of 2015 at 18:24 Posted on Planning 0 8

The OH and I are thinking of doing a father/daughter mother/son dance after the first dance but we're stuck for song ideas! There are a few that would suit one or the other but we want to do it at the same time. We don't want anything overly mushy and a lot of suggestions on line are love songs, which I find a bit odd!

Anybody else thinking of doing this? Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

8 replies

Latest activity by ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257, 1 of December of 2015 at 00:29
  • L
    Beginner October 2016
    Lakesbride16 ·
    • Hide content

Are there any songs that mean something to your parents or that they really like? Or something that reminds you both of your childhoods? Maybe think along those lines and see what you come up with?

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Otis Redding or Louis Armstrong?

• soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content

If I was having a father daughter dance or anything of the sort I would like either "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts or "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack - they're both songs that my dad put on to a CD he put together for me for my 21st. The lyrics are beautiful for both but not really soppy Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content

For the father daughter dance we are having 'Sweet child of mine - guns n roses' My dad doesnt really do dancing and a slow one would be horrendous for him so we've gone for a song which will no doubt get everyone else up so that all the eyes aren't on him the while time. Its also the song my dad had as his ringtone for me so quite apt for us

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

I assume they're either aimed at the mother or father. Have you thought of instead of a song, maybe a piece of Classical, some Strauss? Without lyrics or any association with lyrics, like an instrumental would be, then not too mushy or gender based songs.

I really like Fleetwood Mac and "Don't stop" could be quite sweet although not sure how easy to dance to.

• C
    Beginner September 2015
    Choods87 ·
    • Hide content

MrsLBtoBe we had Sweet Child O' Mine as the song for my dance with my dad but we had an acoustic version so we could do a bit of a slow dance to it! I thought it was a lovely song for the dad/daughter dance! Smiley smile

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all of your suggestions, I quite like the idea of an acoustic version of sweet child of mine. I'll run it by the OH tonight!

• C
    Beginner September 2015
    Choods87 ·
    • Hide content

If it's of any use to you, this is the version we used; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UQDxWCoXEg

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257 ·
    • Hide content

My father and I are dancing to What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong because my Dad was in a barbershop quartet when was I young and that was one of the songs he would perform. I'm trying to convince OH to do the Mother/Son dance to Forever Young by Rod Stewart. There is a slower version on YouTube, as well as a piano version. I love that it's sentimental without being soppy.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics