Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner October 2011

Ideas for hubby's 30th Birthday?

SuperSpud, 18 June, 2012 at 14:49 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0

It's H's 30th Birthday next month, and I'm struggling. My original plan was to take him away for a the weekend after his birthday (the actual day is Tuesday) to London to this Jazz club he went to years ago and loved. However, money is tight thanks to my stupid employers cocking up a funding bid.

I suggested a party - getting most of the nice people from our wedding back together, little disco, food, drink etc. Hubby said no initially. Then he changed his mind at Christmas and said he wanted a party. Now he's saying no to the party again. I think there's something going off between him and his younger sister as he said "didn't want family travalling up from Wales" but he doesn't want to talk about it. I said we could just invite my extended family who H likes, but he keeps blowing hot and cold on the idea. Given he is very socialable and loved the wedding reception because he could talk to people and mingle etc I can't understand why he doesn't want a get-together. He's been to several get togethers organised by my extended family and really enjoyed them.

He said to my mum he just wants a normal birthday meal with me, mum & Dad (which we do anyway for all birthdays) but I'm a bit concered that he'll look back and regret not making a bit of a fuss, I mean he will only be 30 once. Mum is bothered that if we 'ignore' H's 30th it will be awkward to make a fuss of mine next year.

I can't even think of anything to buy him! I'm crap at present buying at the best of times - Good people of Hitched, Help me please!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

My OH is the same as yours, hates a fuss and resists anything to do with birthdays. He doesn't want me to do anything for his 30th, we arrive back from HM on his bday and I have arranged my mum to deecorate the house a bit and take delivery of an amazing marshmallow cake. I have filled a hamper with 30 little things for him to open, and it will just likely be me and him getting over our jetlag! I am certainly having a fuss made of mine next year, don't feel guilty, just listen to what he says he wants!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics