Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner July 2015

Ideas for sweet tables...but not sweets lol

hfraser87, 10 of January of 2014 at 21:55 Posted on Planning 0 24

Hey everyone!

So I'm looking for ideas on things to have in the evening.

I want something like a sweet table...but not a sweet table haha as my close friend had one so want to be different. She also had an ice cream van come in the day so that's out of the window!

Does anyone have any ideas on what we could have? I did think of a chocolate fountain but I'm not sure.

Any help would be appricated! I'm stuck for ideas!

xxx

24 replies

Latest activity by DaffodilWaves, 27 of February of 2014 at 19:52
  • *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Dessert table, popcorn, choc fountain, cakes?
    Sweet tables are super popular though like some I've mentioned so don't worry about having the same as your friend Smiley smile

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Cake Table- Venart had one on here (flashes in the award section of the forum)

Others I have seen on blog etc

Milkshake bar

Cookie bar

Sweet pie table

Popcorn Machine

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

Doughnuts

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

We're having belgian waffles

• rubyfirecracker
    Beginner November 2013
    rubyfirecracker ·
    • Hide content

We had a cakes and candy table (with a load of cheese too) which was very popular.. there's some good alternative ideas here

https://www.katrinaotterweddings.co.uk/2013/10/not-your-traditional-wedding-cake/

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Minicupcake ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

You could have a candyfloss machine x x

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

You don't have to have anything Smiley winking This is another one of those things that's crept in and puts people under pressure. I do like the idea of these things though Smiley smile

I like the idea of cheese and fruit as well as sweets. But don't not do what you want just because someone else has done the same. Just make it slightly different. I think a sweetie bar is ideal for being able to make different and no one would bat an eyelid. Use differnt sweets, containers, bags etc.

• Fleur88
    Beginner March 2016
    Fleur88 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, there are lots of sweet ideas here but as we are savoury people one of our initial ideas in to have a crisp buffet in the evening, set up like a sweetie buffet but with all of our favourite crisps as we like to munch on crisps after a few drinks so this suits us :-) x

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Friend of mine is having a donut tower ...

• chels1315
    Beginner August 2015
    chels1315 ·
    • Hide content

We are having a sweet buffet, mainly for the kids but i know all the adults will love it too.

we are also going to have a chocolate fountain and a popcorn machine.

Love the crisp buffet idea might have to pinch it Smiley smile

• SPtobeSH
    Beginner November 2016
    SPtobeSH ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

I've seen make your own cupcake stands, where there are plain cupcakes and people can put the things they want on them. For example you can have different bowls with stuff like hundreds and thousands, chocolate buttons, cherries etc. Smiley smile I think they are good because people can choose what they want and that makes it all the more fun. xx

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

A cookie bar?

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

I have started to look online after this post and I have just seen a baileys fountain!!! How cool, or champagne fountain!!! Sweet table / popcorn / candy floss / hot dog stand....

I am having krispy kremes instead of a cake....think they'll go down a storm!

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

Anything you want!! Love the idea of doughnuts & Belgian waffles.....mmmmm!!

We're having a cheese wedding cake (not by choice...h2bs parents contribution) so that can have its own table & be a 'feature'. I've also got 120 cream eggs in the spare room so will have bowls of these around the place.

• E
    Beginner March 2014
    emmsy36 ·
    • Hide content

We're having a dessert bar, old-fashioned sweets in jars - keeps the kids happy and energy for dancing for the adults!!

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyOrangeConfetti79 ·
    • Hide content

I've made a lollipop tree and got some personalised mini love heart rolls which i'll put in a nice bowl. I also fancy having a giant ferrero rocher pyramid a la the ambassador, but I can't see how that's going to work without lots of glue!

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ferrero Rocher pyramids were really popular around the time of my first wedding. I think you can get stands which support the chocolates so they stay in place.

• FHB
    Beginner March 2014
    FHB ·
    • Hide content

We are doing a sweet v savoury bar. I looooove the cookies and milk idea, venue just couldn't refrigerate them for us until serving (they are already keeping 70 little champagne minis cool as favours!)...or what about a 'build your own' style bar. Could be anything from build your own pancake with fruit and chocolate spread, honey nuts etc...to something warmer like make your own nachos or mini pizzas.

• Laura DeBourde
    Laura DeBourde ·
    • Hide content

I've seen a popcorn bar done before which always looks really great and goes down a treat! I've seen cakes done fairly often as well, sometimes people even bring their own cakes they have baked themselves so there's a bit of selection and something a bit personal! Also saves for people who are on budgets... I personally like the sound of the ice cream bar the most, loads of different flavours and options, as well as extra stuff to put on top like sprinkles, flakes etc.

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOVE this!

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content

I've seen someone do a cupcake bar where people decorated their own cupcakes. Some were already iced and there were bags of icing with different nozzles and different toppings. I also seen a similar thing with doughnuts.

• BarcaGirl25
    Beginner April 2014
    BarcaGirl25 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yum!!! Wish we had thought of this!!

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Cake tables go down well, especially cake pops!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics