Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner May 2016

Ideas needed with jewellery

AudreyHepburnsDouble, 3 of January of 2016 at 23:52 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hello all

I'm hoping you can help me with advice and ideas on what sort of jewellery to choose for my wedding day.

My dress is ivory, strapless with a sweetheart neckline. I have shortish hair (think jawline bob) and I feel like there is a huge expanse of skin to cover below my chin!

I have a side tiara which is large rectangular crystals on a silver band but it wasn't expensive and I could look for another one.

I want an art-deco/ Hollywood glamour feel if possible. I definitely don't want a glamorous price tag though!

Should I go for something small and delicate or a statement piece? Gold or silver? Pearls?

What do you think?

TIA

6 replies

Latest activity by Mark, 21 of June of 2022 at 05:33
  • S
    Beginner September 2017
    Sorbet ·
    • Hide content

The more delicate the more it tends timeless as statement piece styles come in and out of fashion unless its a cultural thing (indian ceremonies often have lovely big statement pieces)

this is very beautiful statement but 'may' become dated over time

this is more demure and has a simple elegance

personally id avoid things like these as they are over powering and steal focus

vintage is always a smart choice as it can add to a timeless look

and a locket can be beautifully sentimental, you can add photos of loved one that cant make it or you could write in words that mean something to you and your marriage

as advice goes id either go for a simple pearl maybe in pendant form (not a choker or beaded length) as pearls can be very uncomfortable to wear I find

what colour is you wedding band, matching colours would be nice (gold with gold or silver with palladium, platnum, white gold and so on)

• P
    Beginner March 2016
    PurpleRain88 ·
    • Hide content

Either way would work. My dress is the same style as yours and I've gone for this jewellery:

It's bigger than I thought when I bought it online but it still looks really good! I agree you don't want anything too bold though - whatever style your jewellery is you want to make sure your dress is still the focus! That was my main concern when I was shopping for jewellery and tiara. You probably don't want to be too 'sparkly' either - if your tiara is very sparkly I'd go for pearls in the necklace.

• RomanticPinkConfetti274
    Beginner June 2016
    RomanticPinkConfetti274 ·
    • Hide content

I think the pearl drop necklace would be perfect, pearls are very Art Deco and they never go out of style.

I'm having an Art Deco/Old Hollywood themed wedding myself and my dress is very sparkly fit and flare, so I've decided to just wear a pearl cuff bracelet and rhinestone drop earrings. I think if I wore a necklace, it would be too much.

?

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I have a few that may be suitable like these, at the moment I waiting for new stock on some of them but they should be here before the end of January. Arrived so 1 of each in stock now, there is also 10% disount till the end of Jamuary with code HAPPY2016

More here http://3djewellery.co.uk/wedding-jewellery-sets.html

• A
    Beginner May 2016
    AudreyHepburnsDouble ·
    • Hide content

Ooo that star jewellery is lovely.

Would you mind letting me know where you bought it from?

Thank you

• P
    Beginner March 2016
    PurpleRain88 ·
    • Hide content

You can get the necklace from here http://www.nichollscrickhowell.com/swarovski-confetti-necklace-p3574 (I got mine on an auction site). When's your wedding? If it's later than March I'll probably be looking to sell mine on again.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics