Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

soon2bmrsRB
Beginner May 2013

ideas on aisle decorarion?

soon2bmrsRB, 6 of January of 2013 at 12:58 Posted on Planning 0 13

Im trying to think of ideas on aisle decoration but doesnt cost the earth! what are you having/had on your wedding day x

13 replies

Latest activity by Lemon Violet, 7 of January of 2013 at 14:36
  • soon2bmrsRB
    Beginner May 2013
    soon2bmrsRB ·
    • Hide content

Bump

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to have personalised pew ends as I'm not going to have flowers in the church as it's so small; here's a flash as to how I want it (copied from another bride in the same church!)

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    maxinegallie ·
    • Hide content

We bought cheap pull bows off ebay in our wedding colours and tied them to the pew ends in alternating colours, will try to attach a pic for you to see. I think it cost us all of about £15 instead of the quoted £95 for fresh flowers

• B
    Beginner April 2013
    Butterfly_Bride ·
    • Hide content

1 x rose per pew with ribbon Smiley smile

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Nothing, I decided the church was grand enough. ?

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    BigRedCandle ·
    • Hide content

Not 100% decided yet but thinking of having hanging hearts tied onto the pew end with some purple or ivory organza. Organza should be delivered next week so we'll see if it's a rubbish idea but these are the hanging hearts, £1.49 each from The Range.

• C
    Beginner April 2014
    charlotteamy1984 ·
    • Hide content

I'm also going for hanging hearts, tied onto the end chairs. Mine are white wooden/twig like ones bought for £2 each from Store 21.

• SingleNoMore
    Beginner April 2013
    SingleNoMore ·
    • Hide content

I'm just having organza tied round each pew end into a bow. Simple, I wanted something but not anything that made the aisle look too "crowded" !

• Foote2c
    Beginner December 2012
    Foote2c ·
    • Hide content

I had all sorts of plans to make bell hearts, ribbon bows etc. glad I didn,t bother, was crying so much as I walked down the aisle (both ways) I could only just see the very handsome man at the end waiting for me as it was.

• JayneyB
    Beginner November 2012
    JayneyB ·
    • Hide content

We didn't marry in a church, I still wanted to define the aisle in some way so hubby and I spent an afternoon making confetti out of some damaged books.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Here are a few ideas or inspiration for you.

One idea is that you only do every other end and when people come in the effect is as though they are all done, or go expensive and then cheep option alternate on every end. Some churches are themselves wonderful places with calved oak or pine pews. A lot of smaller village churches sadly sold off the pews years ago and replaced with chairs that may benefit from some help.

But if you decide not to do anything, no one will notice.Also in the case of flowers the church may be expecting you to leave them behind, but if you use hanging hearts as the last photo then the church wont want them.

• soon2bmrsRB
    Beginner May 2013
    soon2bmrsRB ·
    • Hide content

Hi thanks guys for all the great ideas! i like the idea of the hearts and the single rose but my chairs are going to have chair covers so not sure how im going to attach anything??? i may just have rose petals on the floor to define the aisle as its not in church x

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

For my daughter`s wedding in Sept. we scattered a few silk petals either side of the aisle and tied sashes to the chairs at the aisle ends on alternate rows. it looked great. The petals came from amazon I think, but Hobbycraft and Dunelm do them too.

Lynne

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics