Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2012

Ideas on entertainment

AmandaDixon, 15 of February of 2012 at 16:46 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hello!! ?

Im getting married in august and need some help

Im starting my evening reception at 5.30 but some djs think its too early to have DJ....

What else can i do to entrain my guest until the DJ starts, this is a adult reception and dont want to spent too much money for a couple of hours???

Thanks

Amanda

7 replies

Latest activity by 1ents, 17 of February of 2012 at 12:52
  • Dream Wedding Video
    Dream Wedding Video ·
    • Hide content

Hi Amanda

Have you considered some live music! may be an acoustic duo or something a bit more traditional. I guess it depends on what type of music you enjoy. This is great way to create a good astmosphere and then build up slowley into party mode. Also if you have families with children a magician can work wonders. We have done a few weddings with a magician and balloon artist who were fantastic at keeping the little ones entertained. For bands and musicians see our website.

Happy Plannng!

Laura Berry x

• A
    Beginner August 2012
    AmandaDixon ·
    • Hide content

Yeah i like that one. Sadly, im not having children at the reception and we are not keen on the who gambling theme etc we just want something to do for 2 hours to keep the guest entrain until dj turns up xx

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I had the harpist from the ceremony play at the venue while people mingled, and till the DJ started. I agree that something acoustic would work well.

What about those huge garden games? Connect 4, jenga etc. It could be used inside also.

I've heard of people have a bouncy castle. Not for me, & I woudlnt be jumping around in a nice dress & hair, but some people have them.

Comedian?

• Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content

Band?

Magician?

Caracurist? (sp?)

I agree with the above though, acoustic music would be nice so people can listen and mingle.

• L
    Beginner April 2012
    LEMBS8 ·
    • Hide content

Will you have outside space? We're going to get some games for the garden - nothing too wild but some frisbees and footballs and badminton racquets. We're only having a few kids at the wedding but I think the adults will get in on the act too. Around here you can also get gardens games like giant jenga for pretty cheap but I think we'll just go with the above.

We're also having an Irish trio for a few hours during the drinks. My OH is from Ireland so it's a good way to bring that in. We're also thinking about having Irish dancers later in the evening but undecided at the moment.

I would love to have a magician but he won't go for it Smiley smile

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

My evening do starts at 6pm. We are having a live band who also DJ. They are going to DJ background music while people arrive until 7pm when we have our first dance then the live music will kick things off from there.

• A
    Beginner August 2012
    AmandaDixon ·
    • Hide content

Yeah i like the idea of getting some live music playing, i know in the gounds of the place we are getting married, they have a huge chess piece and corgets ( i think thats what is called), as well as the bar will be open. does that sound enough??

• 1ents
    1ents ·
    • Hide content

Most weddings have a gap and you will find that people are pretty happy chatting away etc. If your DJ is already there get them to play some background music etc or do some kids disco for a while.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics