Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Missus S

Ideas on table decorations for informal wedding please

Missus S, 17 February, 2011 at 13:12 Posted on Planning 0 5

I am having a ceremony at 4pm then onto hotel for drinks, speeches, buffet and disco. I will still have 10 round tables, but how would i decorate these as obv there will be no crockery etc.

I know its stingy but i want to spend £50 for the lot eek! Iv priced up nice balloons around £5 a table but i am not 100% on balloons

Thanks xxxxxxxx

5 replies

Latest activity by BumbleBrat, 17 February, 2011 at 22:04
  • MrsShark
    Beginner September 2011
    MrsShark ·
    • Hide content

Ikea do glass vases for pretty good prices and so you could fill them with whatever you like - flowers, candles, beads whatever!

We are doing big round glass vases filled with sand and seashells as the wedding is a seasidey theme!

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great Minds! I was about to suggest this. We bought 3 vases from the rektangle range to put on the childrens table and are filling with pink and silver mini chocolate eggs as I didn;t want them to have candles on their table. It's cost under £6 for the vases and £10 for the eggs! Cheapest table we have to decorate ?

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

I don't know if this is to your taste, but I have seen some lovely jam jar decorations flashed. Obvs the jam jars are free (ask friends and family to collect too), and they can be decorated cheaply with lace, ribbon or paint. Stick a tea light in them (very cheap) and you have a beautiful table decoration.

I hope other hitchers don't mind if I flash their work:

The above was posted by Tinks269

Bridebrat posted a lovely one too, which was just lace on the jars (no ribbon) I can't find it right now, but it looked blinkin amazing!

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

I realise that you will not have 10 bridesmaids, but i have bought cheap plant pots in blue and then my bridesmaids bouquets will be placed in them. A way of the bridesmaid bouquets still having a use after the ceremony...

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

What about hurricane vaes like these from wilkinsons:

They come with the candle and are £6, you can get them in teal, red, and lime green too, or clear versions minus the candle:

then get a plant from a garden centre to pop in it? Bonus with these is that you could give them away after as gifts too!

HTH.

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh thanks!

Here are mine -

Cheap as chips! I'm gonna use larger candles than tealights so they burn for a fair few hours.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics