Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Feather
Beginner December 2012

ideas required snowboarding into wedding

Feather, 27 of August of 2012 at 22:00 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi everyone

does anyone have any ideas how I can incorporate snowboarding into my wedding?

the only idea I have so far is to put my table plan on mine or H2B's snowboard...

?

14 replies

Latest activity by Peter, 28 of August of 2012 at 22:54
  • misslaura
    Beginner September 2012
    misslaura ·
    • Hide content

What about naming your tables after different ski/snowboard resorts? You could even do your top table flower decoration on a snowboard if there is space, haha!

• Feather
    Beginner December 2012
    Feather ·
    • Hide content

We have done the table names on ski resorts we have been too & the ones we are visiting on our honeymoon

?

• J
    jules40 ·
    • Hide content

Have a wedding cake snow themed with a Bride and Groom snowboarding down it

• Figs
    Beginner June 2012
    Figs ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

• hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content

Ha ha, from your title I thought you were planning on snowboarding down the aisle!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

I thought the same as hazyclaire! Hehe. LOVE the cake idea, have you sorted your favours yet? Could have those snowball sweets?

• greenleaf
    greenleaf ·
    • Hide content

It may be easier to do a ski resort sort of theme, snow flake decorations if you can get ahold of a lot of snowboards have them dotted around, snowboard themes table plan and table names whether resorts or snowboard brands (k2, lib tech etc...) snowboard cake or you could do a normal cake with yourselves in snowboarding gear as cake toppers ( would obviously have to e custom made), not sure on center peices but if your creative people you could find or make small snowboards and write the table names on them.

If you can think of it someone will be able to provide it.

• A
    Beginner June 2014
    Ashlili ·
    • Hide content

I love the idea of the table plan on your snowboard.

I have looked at a few cake toppers of snowboarding couples that you can have made to look like you and H2B. So same boards and jackets etc.

Perhaps mini snowboards as place names? When I was in Canada they had little wooden ornaments of snowboards, which look really easy to make. It was basically a ice lolly stick, with little wooden bindings, you could then paint them to fit your theme and write your guests name on them?

Or have a snowboard as your guest book, get your guests to sign the top of it?!

Sorry getting bit carried away now, me and H2b are very keen snowboarders too so been looking at these kind of ideas too!!

• MrsP2012
    Beginner September 2012
    MrsP2012 ·
    • Hide content

Oooh love this cake topper...

• karenanne229
    Beginner October 2013
    karenanne229 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This

Ooo ha ha when I first read your title I thought you meant you'd be snowboarding into your wedding, as in arriving on a snow board. I thought that sounded really exciting but was wondering how you'd do it! Having a der moment!

If you're having a post box you could get figures made on snow boards to place next to it, and have photos on your table of you guys snowboarding.

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

A vodka ice luge made in the shape of a skii slope? x

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

I had the mountaineer version of this at our reception:

• Feather
    Beginner December 2012
    Feather ·
    • Hide content

HA - That would be cool though, snowboarding into your own wedding.

thanks for all the ideas guys.

i love the cake toppers idea - Im on a budget so need to find them fairly cheaply really, as i know they can be expensive.

And the ideas of pictures of use snowboarding, that would be good too!!

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

The topper I posted is about £55 posted from the US. I can find the details if you need them. Luckily I got mine from a seller on Ebay for half the cost, but saved the original details just in case.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Groom arriving at wedding on skateboard? OK OK, its not the real thing although there are some similarities....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics