Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

O
Beginner March 2024 Hertfordshire

Ideas to entertain the children

Olek, 16 of September of 2023 at 17:45 Posted on Planning 1 5
Hello,

Does anyone have any ideas for something to entertain children throughout the evening please? I was thinking something like a ball pond. Somewhere that they could entertain themselves and have some fun.
My fiancé and I are planning to get married in March 2024, so we can’t guarantee what the weather will be doing.
ThanksAlex

5 replies

Latest activity by Rebecca, 3 of October of 2023 at 06:40
  • Emily
    Beginner September 2023 South East London
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    There are some companies which hire out larger games (corn hole, croquet, etc), but also I went to the £ shop and bought a selection of colouring books, toys, etc, and made little gift bags for the kids when helping with my sister's wedding
  • Terri
    Curious May 2025 West Yorkshire
    Terri ·
    • Hide content
    You could enquire with the venue on what others have done or what’s possible? We loved the idea of a bouncy castle as there’ll be a fair amount of kids but same as you, we’re worried about the weather. We actually went to see our venue today and they showed us this separate room that we can also access if we want to. The guy said ‘oh this room has been used for all sorts, bouncy castles…’ and went on… and we hadn’t even considered that that could be an option so always worth a chat with the venue x
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Our venue had a small room off the main space that we set up a Wii and Switch in with a load of board games, colouring paper/pencils etc for them to go to so maybe ask your venue if they can offer such a space.

I would say most parents will bring stuff for their kids to keep them entertained. Depends on ages as well as little ones will likely still want to be around their parents and older/teenagers will typically behave and just play about on their phones! I will say that on the day all the kids were quite happy mingling and playing together, i would honestly not worry to much or spend huge amounts on something as we found it didn't get used much

• O
    Beginner March 2024 Hertfordshire
    Olek ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Charlotte. 😊
  • Rebecca
    Beginner September 2024 Central & Glasgow
    Rebecca ·
    • Hide content
    You could hire a wedding nanny and or a children’s soft play or teepee area, I am using vipteepeebelltentevents on Instagram

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics