Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner April 2012

ideas welcome - groom presents

shellsworth, 30 January, 2012 at 11:29 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hello!

What are you getting your groom to open on the wedding morning?

My OH will be staying with his parents so I don't really want to give him a boudior shoot and his parents see!

I was thinking of getting him a pocket watch ( as the best men are having them) but he will never use it again, so then I thought I'd get him his dream watch ( didnt last long as it is £4k!!!)

So I'm kinda stuck for ideas at the moment Smiley sad

Sxx

15 replies

Latest activity by Recycledbride, 1 February, 2012 at 19:17
  • Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

I'm staying in the hotel suite the night befire the wedding also, so will leave the boudoir pics there for him to see on the night. Might get him a little something to open on the morning though...not sure what.

• W
    Beginner December 2013
    wintersunday ·
    • Hide content

You may have something more extravagant in mind, but for the first anniversary of my OH and I dating I bought him a quite expensive leather wallet with his initials embossed into it. I'm not brilliant at presents but this one was apparently perfect, as every time he uses it he thinks of me, and he says in that sense I'm always with him.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing him a little box of things such as a hip flask (to steady the nerves), socks (so he doesn't get cold feet) etc etc.

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

We're not doing anything big (at least I don't think we are!). I've got him an embroidered hanky with the date and our initials on and a book about how to be a good husband. I'll also get him some socks, in the same way as Ali has said, some mints, some coffee in case he hasn't had much sleep, favourite chocolate bar etc. Each will have a little note attached to them explaining why they are there. I'm also going to do some little book or cards or something with lots of reasons why I love him. Pretty Wild has a great design on her website if you wanted something like this.

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so sweet! I might pinch it! I will do the old boudiour photo (which a strict note on the front that it's for his eyes only!) and a bottle of whisky for him to have a nip with his best man. Anyone think their boy will return a gift as thoughtful?

• Gem_k
    Beginner July 2012
    Gem_k ·
    • Hide content

Hi Smiley smile

So far i have got my OH a pair of 'Groom' socks and a pair of Silver Tiffany and Co Cufflinks. I also plan to get him a Cigar and a Hermes belt. As we work in London i know he will get a lot of use out of those gifts so it's worth the money.

Funny you saying about a dream watch - i would love to get my OH his dream watch buy that costs £5.5k!

I was to see him open them though so will give them to him the day before the wedding Smiley smile

Gem x

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

I'm hopefully getting him a new watch. He has a thing about watches, lusts after them like crazy so will be finding the nicest one I can thats reasonably priced and possibly have it engraved.

I'm going to have a go at doing a little boudoir shoot DIY style too.

• stoice
    Beginner September 2013
    stoice ·
    • Hide content

I like the pocket watch idea. Do most waistcoats on hire have real pockets? I'm still in planning stage so have not sorted suits yet. It'd be nice if my h2b can actually use it properly with it's chain from the waistcoat pocket on the big day.

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Just wanted to pop in and say I've just seen these engraved cufflinks which I think I will now be getting instead of a watch and I think they are a lovely gift for H2B if he wears shirts that need cufflinks. Possibly might be more useful than a pocket watch as well and so used for much longer?

/jewellery/mens-jewellery/cufflinks

I'm going to get them engraved either with the location of our first kiss or the location in which he proposed to me.

• little miss stubborn
    little miss stubborn ·
    • Hide content

We decided to give each other our presents on the morning after our wedding. I wanted to receive my wedding gift from my husband not his best man the day before. so we sat in bed on the first morning as mr and mrs and swapped presents.

i got him a mulberry wallet and filled it with ann summers cheques to be used on the honey moon, and i received a beautiful diamond necklace.

• S
    Beginner April 2012
    shellsworth ·
    • Hide content

Oooo

Well I'm stealing a mixture of these ideas Smiley smile Hope you don't mind Smiley smile

I'm going to make him a box with all things 'us'. OH is quite sentimental so I think will appreciated it Smiley smile

Thanks for all your ideas xx

• B
    Beginner July 2013
    Bride2BMilliexx ·
    • Hide content

What about buying him a shirt to wear with your names embroidered under the collar, or with a cut out heart from your dress material stitched in somewhere? Smiley smile

• quackers
    Beginner August 2013
    quackers ·
    • Hide content

So far I have bought the oh so cherished journal to fill in for him to open on the day, and i'm going to get a few other things too

• Recycledbride
    Beginner June 2012
    Recycledbride ·
    • Hide content

Nothing much, some Eiffel tower (vintage print) cufflinks......and im having a commissioned piece made by Cherry Pie Lane

[View:http://www.cherrypielane.co.uk/:550:0]

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics