Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jon
Beginner November 2022 South East London

If i told you i don’t think you still believe me!??

Jon, 5 of September of 2022 at 06:54 Posted on Planning 1
So yes … owing to some crazy times over the last two or so years … ie Blooming Covid of course
I have ended up with the responsibility and challenge of organising and planning the whole wedding…. Normally I agree this isn’t such a big news event but owing to other circumstances we’ve only been able to plan the wedding since the 28th of July this year and we have to get married before the 21st of December …so as you can see very little time…. and I’m ending up with very little hair….

To put it in a nutshell…. I’ve been shielding throughout the entire Covid period going to having type one diabetes rheumatoid arthritis and about four other autoimmune diseases …and of course in January this year when things started to calm down we were looking to start planning the wedding for the following year….
Then all sorts started to happen first her mum who was in the Philippines started to become very ill…. at this point the NHS still couldn’t decide if it was safe for me to have the Covid vaccine and was told to continue shielding and then to top it all off my fiance‘s passport had to be renewed so we could give our notice and then while it was being processed the embassy where it was being processed went on strike till July 28 of this year when she was able to finally get her passport!!!!!!
So now as you can imagine we are now looking at a much smaller timeframe because I do need to go and meet my fiance’s mother she is 85 I’m not doing so well so the urgency to travel is there but we didn’t want to arrive in the country together just as in an engaged couple who want to arrive as Mr and Mrs to show her all the photos and videos from the wedding day obviously because she could not be there herself….. and of course we can tie in our honeymoon while we’re over there????
You would think and i hope !!!
Again owing to some incredible circumstances that have happened owing to Covid there is a real sting in the end of this story….
So since the 5th of August I have been planning the wedding and i have literally got everything done from the suits the dress the rings the location the venue the reception the food the drink the decorations the flowers the bouquets you name it I got it in the bag okay admittedly I haven’t sorted out a cake and the bus that I’m looking to hire could cost me a liver and kidney and possibly half a leg….. but its all there !!!
And we’ve seen the registrar we’ve gone through one notice we have everything arranged with our reception location just everything is ready to go and then we got the news…….
The Philippines government have now decided anyone who hasn’t had all four doses of the vaccine or the single dose vaccine and has a passport to prove it will no longer be allowed to enter the Philippines and of course because the NHS are too worried about giving me a vaccine I’m no longer able to go and meet my mother-in-law have my honeymoon and my in-laws
I’m just devastated and kinda heartbroken because my fiance i.e. my wife to be by then we’ll have to travel to the Philippines to go and see her mum and her family but she won’t be able to travel with me
So I’ve said to my beautiful fiance it’s okay we’ll make the best of the wedding we will go all out and enjoy every moment every second and capture as much happiness love and joy as we can and will send that with you to show your family so they know what a wonderful day we had
So as you can imagine the sales are gone from being fully blown to bury a breeze blowing them
But we must dust ourselves down and keep our chins up to you never know things may change but I do know one thing no matter how much toil we’ve had getting here to our wedding day I’m still just excited as I am the day I asked her to marry her…..
Absolutely no idea why I’ve put all this down I guess what I’m trying to say is if you’re facing planning troubles or you think it’s difficult take a breath take a deep breath and just remember why are you getting married !!!!!
look at the person across from you …I can assure you that will be enough…..❤️
Can not wait …!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics