Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

moonpie1985
Beginner July 2012

If money was no object what would be your dream venue?

moonpie1985, 12 of March of 2011 at 10:38 Posted on Planning 0 15

Mine would be The Crazy Bear in Stadhampton near Oxford.

Its one of the most quirkiest, funkiest restaurants I have ever had the pleasure to go to, and the place makes the most fantastic wedding venue.

The actual pub/restaraunt is very old, but they have a morrocan themed outbuilding for the reception venue which they decorate like this.

One of my very good friends is getting married here in September, and it should be fab

15 replies

Latest activity by PompeyEm, 13 of March of 2011 at 10:11
  • Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I wrote a big long reply to this then Hitched logged me out... grrr! Take two...

MINE! I love my venue:

I guess somewhere like the Natural History Museum (£15,000 to have the WB under the big dinosaur) or the Houses of Parliament (priceless probably!) would be cool, but I really genuinely love my venue and don't feel I have 'settled'.

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

The Ice Hotel in Quebec, Canada would be pretty cool.

But, I settled for here instead -

• videogal
    videogal ·
    • Hide content

My wedding was almost perfect for me...I married the man I love but if I could do it all again my dream venue is:

Church Wedding St Peter's at Edensor, Derbyshire

Followed by a reception at the lovely Chatsworth House

?

But in all honesty, I was perfectly happy with our local church and here (Newton Park Hotel) which I couldn't fault anything - the staff & service was marvellous!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I'd still get married in Norfolk, but just not sure where - maybe Congham Hall and have exclusive use there

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I would have gone for the Tithe Barn

Or I would have had the spinnaker tower. You can only get married there at 5.15 pm [I guess so they can have a days worth of admissions] but if money was no object I would hire it all day so we could have the whole lot up there!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

If money was no object I would marry on OH's turf at the Sydney Opera House and fly all my family over there.

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

I'd choose the same. but maybe get married in the House itself.

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I would either hire glass island (a floating boat in Sydney harbour) or hire one of the actual islands in Sydney harbour.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We could charter a plane together and split the cost seeing as we are going to the same place ?

• L
    Beginner April 2011
    loopyjennie ·
    • Hide content

Would get married at a church 10 mins from our house that has the most beautiful grounds and then probably have our wedding at chatsworth house..

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

JoJo2, thats a great idea. Between us we can certainly fill a plane, better still, bring back the concord!

• 1Lucie
    Beginner May 2011
    1Lucie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had a brochure for here but declined on a visit when i saw price. Posh and Becks stayed there last year!

• PompeyEm
    Beginner September 2011
    PompeyEm ·
    • Hide content

I think we'd still have the venue we've booked too!

Our three priorities were for the venue to be all in one (ceremony & reception), to have accommodation (if our guests want to stay) and for it to be close to where we live so we're not doing mad dashes across the country for the planning or having to leave the planning totally in the hands of someone else because of the distance.

Once we'd narrowed those three things down, actually we ended up, technically, with a choice of 3, but in reality there was only one choice for me and it was just a case of convincing the OH, which didn't take much ? (especially has he thought the accommodation block at one venue reminded him of the architecture of Auschwitz barracks! Not good for a wedding!)

So, voila we have the Talbot Inn in Ripley, Surrey:

Add to this, we met through Portsmouth Football Club and our venue has a Pompey connection in that Lord Nelson apparently courted Lady Emma Hamilton here. And we're both big fans of good food and the Talbot ranks very highly (e.g. on tripadvisor) and having eaten there twice, I'm not about to argue omm nomnomnom ?

I suppose, the only thing we would change, if money were no object are the gardens - there's not much outside space for the photos, but Paul, our TOG, has done a wedding there before and assures us we'll still have fab piccies

I know it's not to everyone's taste, but we love it and with the price not making my OH cry, that was an added bonus!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics