Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

missmandymoo
Dedicated August 2014

If money was no object, which dress would you wear?

missmandymoo, 27 June, 2012 at 19:17 Posted on Planning 0 20

I've been admiring some dresses that are simply out of my price range.

So I'm wondering, just for fun... if you could wear any dress and money was no object, which one would it be? It'll also be quite interesting to see whether any of you guys have had any luck finding similar styles that are within your budget too.

I'll start...

Vera Wang

Monique Ihuillier

20 replies

Latest activity by Pook82, 28 June, 2012 at 15:40
  • *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

The one I wore. Sounds cheesy but that was my dream dress as soon as I saw it. Traditional dresses were not for me.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Like Mini, it could only have been the one I wore. I've never seen another designer whose style I liked so much, nor a dress I wanted more.

• westlakedesignsbasic
    westlakedesignsbasic ·
    • Hide content

Ok, so im not getting married but am working on having our vows renewed on our 10th wedding anniversary in 2 years time, if i could and money was no object i would go for the dress below, i love it.

• B
    Beginner September 2015
    bride2be 21 ·
    • Hide content

i have looked at so many different styles but if money was not object then the dress below would be my number one choice it really is the stuff of dreams

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Same as mini and Footlong - I'd still have mine!

• C
    Beginner September 2013
    Caraboo ·
    • Hide content

I agree with the other ladies, I'd still go for mine - but I'd have a shiny new one instead of the ex-sample I snatched up ?

• S
    Beginner December 2013
    sugarloaf ·
    • Hide content

This is pretty much exactly the dress I'm looking for. I came across it randomly on Google, so I don't know how much it is or anything like that, but I love it to pieces.

• SingleNoMore
    Beginner April 2013
    SingleNoMore ·
    • Hide content

Sugarloaf that dress is absolutely gorgeous!! I'm in love! The low-sitting sash is particularly flattering - lovely.

Im a huge fan of Maggie Sottero and I tried this dress on and fell in love with it - but it didn't work because I have DDs and it was too boobilicious for my wedding day! Oh yeah and it was way over my budget too!

Don't get me wrong, I love the Alfred Angelo dress that I have, but you can't beat the feel of a Maggie Sottero.

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

I loved this dress but sadly it was out of my price range. My dress has a lot of similar elements though.

• Fergo
    Beginner December 2012
    Fergo ·
    • Hide content

Yip, I'd still choose to wear my dress too.

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content

I love Lynn Ashworth gowns. This is the first one I fell in love with when I first started dress hunting but it's about 3k

I got a sample pronovias in a sample which has similar elements but I still wonder about this one from time to time....

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I tried on a Lynn Ashworth that looked lovely in the advert. It looked dreadful on. Smiley smile I didn't really want it, just wanted to see if the neckline suited (it didn't).

• shetlandlover
    Beginner October 2012
    shetlandlover ·
    • Hide content

Hollywood dreams Roxy dress.

I believe its £2000-£2500 for the dress, my own dress is £1300.

If I could stretch I would have the Roxy dress.

• Going2theChapel
    Beginner March 2013
    Going2theChapel ·
    • Hide content

The one im wearing! i cant afford it lol but my mum and dad have stepped in to make my dream come true!

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

The one I've got! It has taken me six months to pay it off but I finally get to try it on again at the end of July!! Desperately trying to shift some weight before then!! It's Pronovias Bianca, can't seem to get a picture to flash...it smashed my budget but I've completely paid for it myself so I feel like it's okay

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

This by vivienne Westwood

or

Pretty much anything by vera wang

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

I would have had this, but more to do with 'if I was taller' than if money was no object. I loved my dress for me, but would love to have the height to carry off this one:

• Pook82
    Beginner August 2012
    Pook82 ·
    • Hide content

I absolutely love my dress....... however, I do also love Stephanie Allin dresses so if money were no object (and if I was about a foot taller than I am!) I would have this dress

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics