Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Co Londonderry

If you've only known a friend for 2 years can you ask her to be your bridesmaid 🫤?

Ella, 18 of March of 2023 at 19:49 Posted on Planning 0 5
What do you think? Xx

5 replies

Latest activity by Bethan, 30 of March of 2023 at 10:06
  • Pippa-Rosy
    Beginner July 2023 Northumberland
    Pippa-Rosy ·
    • Hide content

Personally I think the length of time you've been friends with someone is almost irrelevant if you feel they hit all the marks of a good, solid friend. Obviously anything can happen and I've known / been in long term friendships that have broken down over time, but if you really get on with your girlfriend and feel she is supportive and will make your big day special, why not have her as a bridesmaid? One of my bridesmaids I've now known for 4 years, I asked her to be my bridesmaid when I'd only known her 2.5 years.. she has been more involved and engaged in what I'm planning and I'm so glad I chose her. It's about who will make your day fun and easy going so that you as the bride feel as at ease as possible - if she does this for you then I'd say go for it Smiley smile

• A
    Beginner June 2025 Lancashire
    Ash ·
    • Hide content
    I’ve only been friends with one of my bridesmaids for about 9 months but she’s been the most loyal and bestfriend better some some of my friends that I’ve been friends with for 8 years
  • Amie Seal Photography
    Leicestershire
    Amie Seal Photography ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ella,

It really doesn't matter how long you've known a person, only what they bring to your life and that of your wedding day.

If you envisage your wedding day with her by your side from dawn until dusk, then that is absolutely the place she needs to be.

Hope this reassures, but ultimately, the best piece of advice I can give you applies to every possible wedding question; just be yourself, do it your way, surround yourself with the people who will make the day sparkle; and without a doubt - never even consider what anyone else will think.

Best,

A

• J
    Beginner December 2026 Gwynedd
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    Honestly people change all the time you can be friends with somebody for 10 years and then they change and you drift apart but then you can meet somebody and instantly click and it feels like you have known someone your whole life.
    Right now this is your person, and hopefully it continues to be so go for it! Only you know who deserves to be apart of your special day!
    Wishing you a great wedding day 💍
  • Bethan
    Savvy July 2023 Staffordshire
    Bethan ·
    • Hide content

Personally, I think the amount of time is irrelevant.

I am having a MOH & Flower Girl - I know them because they used to be our neighbours before they moved, I only knew them for approx. 1.5 years before I asked Smiley heart x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics