Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I-go-by-many-names
Super April 2015

IGBMN's 9 weeks to go planning ***flashfest***

I-go-by-many-names, 20 of January of 2015 at 16:22 Posted on Planning 0 20

Inspired by the various planning threads circulating at the moment. Thought it was only fair to let others have a nosey at my plans as I have with others! Enjoy.

Venue, BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art, Gateshead

Colours, navy blue and soft pinks with a bit of white thrown in

Decoration bits, we've gone for a loose Japanesy theme.

Lanterns

Cherry blossoms (artificial) in vases, to be put at ends of rows of chairs for the ceremony

pomanders that I have DIYed, not sure where or how to hang them yet but they will feature somewhere

Centrepieces (bonsai trees, the table runners will be navy blue satin material which my FMIL is making)

Inspiration for a photo 'wheel,' my OH is a bit cycling obsessed.

Inspiration for fingerprint tree. We're making it look like a bonsai tree hopefully, the fingerprints will be in pinks to look like cherry blossom

We're also having an origami making table, mainly to entertain the few kids we have coming to the evening.

All the sweets I bought in Makro last weekend for our sweet table as we're not doing favours

Our transport to the ceremony. It's a Dutch cargo bike called a Bakfiet that we're secretly borrowing from a friend of a friend. We're arriving together so I'll be in the trailer bit at the front, being driven by my OH along the river Tyne and across the millenium bridge, LOL! Just hope the weather allows for this.

This is the bonsai tree that I painted to go on our invitations, website etc. Kind of like a 'logo' for our wedding

My bouquet inspiration, these are the only real flowers we're having

Our DIY buttonholes made from origami flowers, pipe cleaners etc. Sorry this is really small for some reason

My OH is having a bespoke suit made which will look kind of like the one below but he isn't wearing a tie. The ushers are probs going to be the same but with a pale pink instead of a white shirt

My dress from the front (this isn't me)

My dress from the back

My actual hair and hair comb from my trial at the weekend

Makeup inspiration, only less eyeliner

My earrings

My bracelet

My shoes, Rachel Simpson's 'Mimi'

My parasol (for photos)

My stole/scarf to wear outdoors if it's cold

My impulse buy kimono Ted Baker dressing gown I bought in the Debenhams sale. I was thinking of getting my hair and MU done in this on the morning of the wedding.

My bridal underwear, also Ted Baker

Our BM dresses

They are holding fans instead of bouquets

Our usherette's dress

I've just started ordering gifts, here is what I'm getting my mum and dad, it's music box that plays the song we're singing at our Humanist ceremony. It will have our initials and wedding date carved into the bottom

Cake inspiration (my friend is making it)

We're having personalised kokeshi dolls made as the cake topper, kind of like this but made to look like us

20 replies

Latest activity by Sambarine, 21 of January of 2015 at 21:05
  • Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

This all looks gorgeous! I saw your dress posted by a local boutique recently and thought "wow!"

Also really loving the fans instead of bouquets, that's a lovely idea! That dressing gown, too Smiley heart

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsFitt2B ·
    • Hide content

WOW! That all looks amazing! You msut be so proud of yourself adn so excited! I especially love the bike that you are arriving on - that looks like it could be really good fun! Your jewellery matches your hair perfectly - I can jsut imagine it all fitting together!

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

Everything looks lovely!

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Love it all but especially the pomanders and the usherette dress- i want both!!! lol

going to be a beautiful wedding!!! Smiley smile

• A
    Beginner April 2015
    AprilBride15 ·
    • Hide content

Wow, amazing; i'm vrey impressed! You will have an amazing day - looking forward to seeing the pictures after!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

WOW IGBMN - how wonderful does it all look. I love every single bit. Love the Baltic - remember when it was empty and the Millennium bridge bike ride over is inspired. Your dress is stunning as is everything. I love Ted Baker stuff so am having TB shoes and jewellerySmiley smile I;ve also got Mimi shoes in hot pink that I wore to a wedding in November - they're lovely shoes. You're going to have an amazing day. xx

• L
    Beginner April 2015
    LisaMH78 ·
    • Hide content

This all looks absolutely amazing - and you have made me realise just how much we still have to do!! It's strange knowing you will be getting married up the road from me a few hours before me!!

As an aside, the lady who is doing your hair has said she could do mine the same day (as ours is a late afternoon ceremony). Would you recommend her based on the make up she did too - I am starting to get really confused about the whole thing and really worrying about being on edge on the day!! Xx

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, not long for you now too! Doing this has made me realise how much we have actually done, maybe I'm more organised than I thought.

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would recommend her as I was really pleased with my trial. The only thing I am slightly worried about now is the fact she told me she only did one wedding per day.

I'm sure it will work out fine but remind me when and where you're getting married?

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

Just wow!

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

WOW what a venue you have? never seen any thing like it before.

• lilbeth
    Beginner July 2015
    lilbeth ·
    • Hide content

Awesome! I love all the little details which will have a great impact like the bike, the tree and cycling wheel.

Looks wonderfully personalised.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Oh my god, I love so much of it that I can't actually list it all! I can't wait to see your wedding, it really is going to be stunning

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

Wow looks amazing ☺☺☺

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Ahh IGBMN it all looks SO amazing!! So excited for you, your wedding has come around so quickly Smiley smile Looking forward to seeing it all come together

• L
    Beginner April 2015
    LisaMH78 ·
    • Hide content

Oh no - certainly didn't mean to worry you - I am sure she has only said she can do it as it is just me and the wedding isn't until 4pm in the afternoon (3rd April). We are getting married at Slaley xx

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

Oh my word! I missed this yesterday. It all looks amazing and can't believe youve only got 2 months to go, it's gone by so quick. I already cant wait for your report.?

• hellandglory
    Rockstar October 2019
    hellandglory ·
    • Hide content

All looks stunning, and i live close by so i'm going to keep an eye out for the bike on your day! haha

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous. What a fabulous idea to use cherry blossom and all the nods to Japanese style. Very classy and sophisticated. I think you may have started a trend there!

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

All looks really lovely! Well done you x

• Sambarine
    Beginner May 2015
    Sambarine ·
    • Hide content

This all looks absolutely fab. love the baltic! and your colours/personalised bits and pieces are gorgeous.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics