Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephisaur
Beginner April 2017

IKEA Duvets anyone?

Stephisaur, 15 of June of 2016 at 12:29 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 6

Hi All Smiley smile

I was just wondering whether anybody had bought a Duvet from IKEA?

Long story short, our Bed broke (ahem) and we've ordered a new one. However, we've ordered a 160cm x 200cm bed (slightly larger than UK King) as a replacement and so our Duvet won't quite fit. Nothing urgent, but needs replacing anyway.

IKEA seem to be one of the only places we can buy Bedding for this size bed that isn't ridiculously expensive, but all the duvets look really thin on the Website?

I just wanted to know how thick they really are and whether it's worth making the drive to go pick one out Smiley smile

6 replies

Latest activity by AudenHome, 22 of January of 2021 at 05:01
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Can't help with the duvet but I have got their duvet covers in Spain. The pillowcases were for the squarer continental pillows so something to check if you buy the duvet covers as well.

• Katscamel
    Katscamel ·
    • Hide content

I bought a multi-season one from them a few years ago and it's been great. Admittedly I've been living in warmer countries so don't know how if it'd be warm enough for UK winters.

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Jealous of both of you with your warm weather haha

Jayne - we already have a duvet cover which is too big for our current duvet as its made for the larger bed, hence thinking that we'd get a new duvet too lol

Katscamel - is that the 2 in 1 one?

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

I can't comment on their duvet but we bought a super king from them and it seems to be an odd size. None of our super king bedding from Dunelm seems to fit properly.

Dunelm were having a sale the last time I was in and there was loads of super king stuff in it. Even if you get the Ikea thing it's worth keeping an eye on them. Some of it is really expensive but their sale was really good!

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'll definitely have a look at Dunelm Smiley smile

Yeah, IKEA sizes are weird. They work on European sizing (which... makes sense, I guess?) so a UK King Size bed, for example, is 150cm x 200cm but a European King Size is 160cm x 200cm

xx

• Katscamel
    Katscamel ·
    • Hide content

Sorry. ...just come back on here. It's a few years old now and is the one that has 2 covers of different togs that pop together.

• AudenHome
    East London
    AudenHome ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I was looking for Superking Size Linen Duvet Sets on google. And I found this discussion. It looks great with lots of information.

AudenHome.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics