Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Doughnut
Beginner June 2008

Ikea Ektorp sofas (dull, obviously)

Doughnut, 7 July, 2009 at 19:09 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 3

Do they not do them in leather any more? Or corduroy? Or did they never do them in corduroy and I'm thinking of another type of Ikea sofa? I have the leather Ektorp one and would like another one, but I can't find them on the website.

3 replies

Latest activity by Wicket, 7 July, 2009 at 21:14
  • Forrest Grump
    Forrest Grump ·
    • Hide content

I was there at the end of May and they still had the brown leather. I'm going to the Glasgow one on Friday so I can look out while I'm there and report back if you want <dull response>

They did do a beige corduroy. That was among the removeable covers. The leather covers are fixed. I seem to go to Ikea too often.

• Doughnut
    Beginner June 2008
    Doughnut ·
    • Hide content

Gosh, I didn't expect any replies ?

We bought our brown leather 4 years ago and it's fab. I remember when we rented we had a nice corduroy beige one, and we've bought the plain beige (although it's rather dark to be called beige) one for our place we let out. Now we're moving to a house with actual space in it, we need another sofa and I was thinking Ektorp again. Ikea seem to be store-based rather than bothering much with selling on the interweb, so I wouldn't be surprised if they still did them all but you have to go and buy them yourself.

It would be great if you could check for me, thank you so much!

• Katy80
    Beginner
    Katy80 ·
    • Hide content

I am reclining on our beige corduroy 3/4-seater Ektorp as I type! We bought it just under three years ago and we love it. Very comfy, very hardwearing and makes a great spare bed. IKEA are rubbish at doing the online thing, I agree. Good luck in finding it.

• W
    Beginner
    Wicket ·
    • Hide content

I've got the Leaby Red covers for my sofas, which appear to be the only corduroy ones, a couple of years ago from the Lakeside store but you might be able to buy online - https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S99805820/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics