Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Enjayee
Beginner April 2013

Illustrating our own wedding invitations ... printer recommendations and timings?

Enjayee, 3 June, 2012 at 17:31 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi again,

For some reason I'm having a bit of a wedding planning blitz this weekend!

My question is regarding invites, I'm sorry if this has been asked before but hope you can still help. My fiancé is going to ask his best friend (very talented graphic designer) to design the invitations, there'll be about 24/25 in total. He's going to be asking him in a couple of weeks time when he goes out to Denmark (where he comes from) as he wants to ask him face to face, which I understand. My question is; our wedding is in April 2013 and I want to send the invites out to the UK lot before I move to Denmark at the end of October. So I have a couple of questions.

1) when will we need the final illustrations to hand that we can send to a printer in order to post at end of October?

2) have any of you done something similar and in which case, which printer would you recommend?

My fiancé is a bit blasé about timings etc and doesn't really believe me when I tell him about wedding lead times but I think this is something we'll have to sort out pretty quickly, am I right? We've sent our save the dates out so people have the date marked in their calendars already but I'd still like to have everything posted before I leave.

Thank you!

2 replies

Latest activity by Enjayee, 3 June, 2012 at 20:14
  • Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

With regards to lead times, the best thing to would be to speak to the printer (when you find one) and they will give you their deadlines.

As for recommending a printer, where do you live?

C x x x

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

Firstly when you say he is going to design your invitations, is this just an illustration or will he do the whole thing as in design, wording etc? Will he be digitising the files for you?

If you are effectively being handed a full digital copy of your invite, in a print friendly format then you really won't need much time at all. Any decent printer should be able to turn the job around fairly quickly. If you are happy to accept a digital proof it will be quicker but I've used printers who can provide printed proofs and still turn much larger jobs round in a week. The key is making sure your raw file is complete and usable, as I think that is what will end up adding time onto the job.

I designed my own wedding invites using Quark and used Stress Free Print who are an online printer. I found them great for both service and cost, had a printed proof sent out to me and they turned the job (about 100 invitations, two versions) around in less than a week.

Hope that helps somewhat!

• Enjayee
    Beginner April 2013
    Enjayee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Illustration and wording and yep, all digitised for us. Thanks for the tip re Stress Free Print - will look into them.

Thanks again both Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics