Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

im confused

8 August, 2011 at 21:36 Posted on Planning 0 5

I know i need to book my registrar and i need to register my wedding

i live in basildon and im getting married in thurrock and i need to do one of these in one district and one in the other district.

and im also confused as to what i can do when. one i need to a year before and one i can do now but again i dont know which can someone help me please?

5 replies

Latest activity by LoveSka, 8 August, 2011 at 22:20
  • niknaks22
    Beginner August 2012
    niknaks22 ·
    • Hide content

I think you can do both in the same place (which I presume would be the district you want to get married in)

I booked ours today, and they only asked where we wanted the ceremony to be, they didn't ask if we lived in that district or not.

I was very confused too, which is why I phoned them, and I'm glad I did as it's now booked and I know exactly when I've got to pay what and fill any forms in.

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

You book the registrar in Thurrock but you attend an appointment in Basildon to give notice. Once you have your papers after giving notice, they will need to be sent to Thurrock. You can book your registrar up to a year in advance.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

You are getting married in Thurrock. This means you have to book a registrar with the local office there (venue will tell you which register office covers it). You phone, book and pay deposit. You can pay the balance at a later date. The cost is completely dependent on the register office, ours was £400 (for someone to come to our venue). This part is just like booking any supplier. Dependent on register office, you may be able to book more than a year in advance.

You live in Basildon. That means you must tell Basildon Council that you are getting married ("give notice") and provide venue/date/time etc. This is the point at which you will be interviewed. The charge to give notice is around £35 each. You have to give notice less than one year before you marry, as the license only lasts for one year. Obviously, if you change any of the wedding details (dates/venue/etc), you will have to give notice again.

Basildon Council will then post your application to marry to the public (usually on wall of register office), wait for 14 days to see if there is any objections and then forward all paperwork to Thurrock Council (or you may have to collect and arrange postage to Thurrock yourself).

Get married!

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

First book your registrar in Thurrock. Then, anytime within that year (before your wedding) you can make an appointment in Basildon to give notice. You should be told when you book the appointment what paperwork you will need. Your paperwork that you recieve after giving notice (that you will need to send to Thurrock) will be valid for up to a year.

https://www.gov.uk/marriages-civil-partnerships/overview

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS, ,, , ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics