Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner May 2017

I'm going to be a bridesmaid!

DreamcatcherVN, 18 of October of 2015 at 02:56 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi!

I'm very excited at the moment (as in, can't sleep excited- hence the 3am post!) because earlier this evening a lovely friend of mine asked me to be her bridesmaid! Sooo happy for her and extremely honoured as only known her a few years and I'm sure there are people in her life much more worthy than me! I really want to make a fuss of her and throw an awesome hen party, she has been an amazing friend to me through some really rubbish times so she deserves a good time! There are 2 of us bridesmaids, the other is also a really good friend of mine so we are trying to get some ideas together and brainstorm. The thing is, I have no idea where to start! I've been a bridesmaid before but the Chief BM involved both times wanted full control of the hen party so I had very little input :-(

The bride in question would like a day/evening (rather than full weekend away). I was thinking maybe London as it's not too far from her but not somewhere we go out very often. Night time plans are easy (we all like a good drink and dance!) but I'm struggling with ideas for the day. She doesn't want anything too trashy. I was thinking of organising some sort of activity but perhaps nothing that will leave us looking too dishevelled before a night out!

Any ideas?

Thank you :-)

3 replies

Latest activity by Kat Furlong , 18 of October of 2015 at 21:23
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Some people recently have had some awesome hen activities. One learned to make pizza then you can eat it all before drinking and dancing. Or cocktail making. Spa afternoon.

• Fleur88
    Beginner March 2016
    Fleur88 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to see a Matinee performance of a musical for mine and then dinner and a night out after!

• L
    Beginner September 2016
    lpcr ·
    • Hide content

What about afternoon tea somewhere nice if your not booking a meal or if you look online I think they might do some dance classes like dirty dancing or salsa

• Kat Furlong
    Beginner October 2016
    Kat Furlong ·
    • Hide content

I'm being greedy and having 2, but my chief brides maid/man (my brother!) is organising:

Cocktail making class, then dinner then night out in Liverpool. For the second one we are doing it the week before the wedding and having afternoon tea and a spa day ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics