Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

JezVonSavage
Beginner September 2012

I'm not a gypsy but...

JezVonSavage, 2 of February of 2011 at 17:07 Posted on Planning 0 21

Thelma Nadine might end up making my wedding dress.

I can't decide if I'm excited to have finally found a dressmaker or a bit concerned? Strange feeling.

Just for the record- it will be nothing like this:

21 replies

Latest activity by Amour Occasions, 3 of February of 2011 at 18:42
  • miss.understood
    Beginner February 2011
    miss.understood ·
    • Hide content

I really can't get my head around dresses that are soooo big. I haven't watched much of the series, but i saw the one with the pink dress with the lights...and i sat there like wtf?! when she had to be pushed into the carriage because her dress was too big, and the groom couldn't get near her for photo's let alone the first dance.

I can imagine having a dress specially made for you would be fabulous xx

• JezVonSavage
    Beginner September 2012
    JezVonSavage ·
    • Hide content

Oh God, mine will be nothing like the ones on the show. When I had my appointment with her she reassured me she actually makes more traditional dresses then traveller dresses.

I'm getting mine made because I can't find one in a shop that I like! Well, I have found one, but it's really expensive. Getting it made is actually a lot cheaper! Even by mad gypsy wedding dress lady!

• miss.understood
    Beginner February 2011
    miss.understood ·
    • Hide content

I look forward to seeing your dress when it's made Smiley smile xx

• SarinaCain
    Beginner March 2011
    SarinaCain ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

When you tell poeple they will be so shocked and see that she does other stuff besides the big massive dresses.

Im surprised myself that she isnt more expensive from your comment that it cheaper to get it made.

She seems to be a bit of a celebrity (saw her on Alan Carrs show the other day)

Its good that she is still being reasonable with her prices

• theflowerco
    theflowerco ·
    • Hide content

Wow! celeb wedding dress maker! I think thats great! cant wait to see it!

Zoe xx

• MrsCase2013
    Beginner July 2013
    MrsCase2013 ·
    • Hide content

Oh my God I would love to have my dress made by her (when you go for a fitting you'll have to have a look at the traveller dresses!!) I agree with the others, she's famous now! Don't forget to flash if you do use her.

• M and M
    Rockstar August 2025 West Midlands
    M and M ·
    • Hide content

Lol love the show and she seems nice! Cant wait to see your dress! x

• JezVonSavage
    Beginner September 2012
    JezVonSavage ·
    • Hide content

I'm made up with the positive response- it's really reassured me!! I was worried that people would immediately think 'trash'.

Apparently, her charges start to soar when you want embellishment on the dress. My dress will be free of glitter and sparkle, but will still have quite a full skirt and an oversized bow on the back, and she's quoted a ball park figure of £600 including a matching veil.

It's not cheap cheap, but it's exactly what I want. I have no idea what the average cost of a dress is, but I think it's probably comparable, probably even more than what I'm paying.

My wedding isn't until August 2012 but I will flash as soon as I can!!

• Rebecca86
    Beginner July 2012
    Rebecca86 ·
    • Hide content

£600 i think that's rather good for your dress to be made by her

she is very very good!!

Does she have a website?

• J
    Beginner September 2011
    janelouise ·
    • Hide content

I love the programme the dresses are way over the top but so what its their big day and its all about you feeling special on that day Smiley smile maybe flashing butterflies? lol

• joannexyx
    Beginner July 2013
    joannexyx ·
    • Hide content

She does look really gd x

• Rebecca86
    Beginner July 2012
    Rebecca86 ·
    • Hide content

Just googled Thelma Madine to find a website for her can't find one that works but have got the shop adress

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I can't wait to see your dress. She seems really talented. Although we think the gypsy wedding dresses are OTT, she only designs what the bride wants, so it's a credit to her. She sounds reasonably priced too.

• JezVonSavage
    Beginner September 2012
    JezVonSavage ·
    • Hide content

She used to have a website but since the original Gypsy programme aired it's been taken down, I think it was continually crashing or being hijacked by anti-gypsy organisations or something.

I only found out this afternoon that Thelma made both mine and my cousin's communion dresses and my aunt's wedding dress, long before all this gypsy hype started! That's made me feel a bit better.

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

She seems like a reallly nice lady and she can obviously turn her hand to any kind of creation!!

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

Was reading the other day she went to prison for fraud. lol

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Thats sounds fab! Definately go for it! She seems really nice on the show.

I actually thought one of the dresses on Tue nite was quite nice - too big & the top wasnt for me but the bottom, really full with tucks was right up my street.

• J
    Beginner November 2011
    JST ·
    • Hide content

Oh bless you as long as you stay away from the moving butterflies and fairy lights I'm sure you'll be fine lol!

She seems like a really lovely woman and even though the dresses are mental she seems to do an amazing job on them. And £600 for a bespoke dress is fabulous!

• JezVonSavage
    Beginner September 2012
    JezVonSavage ·
    • Hide content

?

She never mentioned that!

I think i'm fully committed now. I'm going on saturday to pay my deposit etc. I've had a few ideas since I saw her yesterday so I think the dress might end up costing more, but defo no moving butterflies or need for a fire extinguisher, so I hope the price doesn't go up too much.

EDIT- I don't think the fraud thing is true, the Daily Mail first reported it and they have since taken the article off their site.

• tmr1234
    Beginner June 2011
    tmr1234 ·
    • Hide content

I got told she was getting DLA and then when BFGW started she got found out

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

Https://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/tv/2011/02/03/big-fat-gypsy-wedding-dressmaker-thelma-madine-reveals-highs-and-lows-of-her-career-115875-22894810/

A classy read I know but she admits she has done time for benefit fraud. She's still a very talented dressmaker.

• Amour Occasions
    Amour Occasions ·
    • Hide content

Hi

How great! - Im sure it will be an amazing dress! I cant wait to see a flash! and £600 for a bespoke dress is fab esp when the average price for a dress is around £1200 ?

Claire

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics