Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

DrBuffles
Beginner August 2014

I'm so blooming hungry! Could it be the pill?

DrBuffles, 8 of May of 2014 at 12:08 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 5

I've recently started taking the pill again after a while of not taking anything.

I had a spell on Cerazette which really doesn't agree with me and previous to that I was on Cilest. It was around 6/7 yrs ago I stopped taking cilest but from what I can remember I didn't have any problems on it. Then I did the cerazette bit then back on cilest up until about a yr ago.

I didn't stop taking the pill for any reason except my own lazyness. I moved house to a different doctors 'catchment' area and then my new doc wouldn't let me have it due to headaches. I eventually saw another doc who said that that was being over dramatic and was happy to put me back on the combined pill. We had a brief chat about how I was on Cilest before with no probs then she promptly gave me a prescription for Microgynon. At the time I was just pleased she had said I could have it but now I'm wondering why she chose that one when I was happy before. I should have asked I know.

Sorry for the rambling intro, i will get to the point now. So basically I'm constantly starving. Could these things be linked? is it worth me going back and asking her to change it? It's only been a month. I don't want to seem whiney but I'm on a pre-wedding diet and being ravenous does not help!

Can anyone suggest why she might have chosen that particular pill? I thought it was an old one.

5 replies

Latest activity by Erin8, 11 of May of 2014 at 10:17
  • Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

I *think* Microgynon is the default one they start you on, I guess because it's the cheapest maybe or most people get on with it.

I have literally just stopped taking it after being on it for 9 years, I didn't find it made me hungry but I am just greedy anyway!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

I'm on the injection, Iv had 2 injections so far. Only on it so I dont fall pregnant again before our wedding.

It makes me feel hungry all the time but when I do eat I'm often sick. It made me think I was pregnant for a while but after testing negative my mind was put at ease.

I was on the pill in my teens and had the same problems.

If it carries on go to your gp they may be offer you help or another form of contraception.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I'm always hungry. Always. It could be the pill I suppose as it mimics pregnancy hormones (I'm going on a vaguely thought out plan that pregnant women are always hungry)

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Both of my pregnancies I was starving ALL the time! Not many cravings just wanted carbs... Hello weight gain!

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

I reckon so. When l was doing my nurse training they always told us at university that taking the pill made you put weight on. I have a big appetite anyway so it is hard for me to tell really...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics