Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

zoej1983
Beginner August 2009

Im so scared about walking up the aisle

zoej1983, 27 July, 2009 at 10:40 Posted on Planning 0 10

The idea of it scares me, I have never liked to be the centre of attention and hate it when people stare at me, ofcourse both of those things will be happening and it terrifies me, I just hope on the day when I start walking down, I will just concentrate on H2B and I will have tunnel vision. When my sister in law walked down the aisle she looked at the floor and thought 'how rude' but I complelty understand now why she did that. Any advice ladies on how I can calm my nerves. Im getting some rescue remedy so should help.

Thanks in advance

Zoe

10 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 May, 2021 at 17:10
  • S
    Beginner July 2009
    Sh7583 ·
    • Hide content

Kalms, 1 glass of Bucks fizz and remembering that everyone is here because you are importent to them. I just looked at my husband and had a great big cheesy grin on my face. good luck x x

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I don't really have any helpful advice as I went to pieces when I entered the room! I don't really hink anything will settle your nerves as it's such an emotional moment. I wasn't nervous/worried at all the whole morning but those last few seconds walking towards the ceremony room saw me turn to jelly but I wouldn't change it for the world because the dvd is really funny watching myself back!

Lx

p.s. maybe think of your little secret to keep you smiling!

• Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Hide content

WPGS. I don't know if anything will calm you as i was also a bag of nerves. What did help was my friend on the back row telling me to smile! As soon as she said that i laughed as i realised i looked like a miserable cow and loved the rest of the walk.

• M
    Beginner August 2009
    MrsK ·
    • Hide content

Hi Twinnie!

If its any consolation, I'm bricking it too!!! We're having a civil on Friday, run in, run out followed by the big do on Satuday, fingers crossed with the weather, we will be having a blessing in front of 61 guests! I'm like you never want to be centre of attention, hate it, terrifies me, but hey, too late for worries now, it will be FAB!!!!

How's things? I finish work tomorrow, then race round like a lunatic for the rest of the week!

I've tried Rescue Remedy, it doesn't work for me unfortunately, so I'll try and have a glass or two of bubbly whilst getting ready!!!

MrsK xxx

• CBear
    Beginner April 2009
    CBear ·
    • Hide content

I didn't walk in. It wasn't nerves, it just didn't feel right. We both greeted our guests as they arrived, and chatted to them. It wasn't a huge number, so eeryone there was really important to us. When people took their seats, we simply sat at the front. A bit unconventional, but everybody said it was lovely being able to see us both together beforehand and wish us luck, and it also felt a bit more intimate.

• tigeresslady
    Beginner
    tigeresslady ·
    • Hide content

My husband met me at the top of the aisle and walked down with my dad and me - he didn't want to wait at the bottom on his own!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

I talk to the couple in advance of the wedding about nerves. With all the weddings I have worked on, I can explain to them the varying types of nerves that will inflict them. Some get it weeks in advance, some in the week before, some on the day and some are OK until the organ/music starts up and they have to make that walk.

The key thing is that whatever the nerves, virtually every couple has said that once the bride makes it to the front, those nerves disappear...or at least the main nerves do.

I consider this part of the service and explaining this through previous experiences has helped many many grateful couples understand the wedding day process and how best to deal with any worries...

Peter

• zoej1983
    Beginner August 2009
    zoej1983 ·
    • Hide content

Thankyou everyone for you suggestions and advice, im sure you all right, im sure I will be fine once I see my H2B.

MRS K, things are going well, its little things that are taking all the time, theres so many little things to do, im busy every day leading up to the wedding day, had my final dress fitting tomorrow, meeting with the photographer again tomorrow, sorting out my sweet table on wednesday ( showing the woman doing it how i want it set up), thurday off to the babrican to get my rings cleaned and to have fish and chips on the sea front (heaven) then friday its manic, get nails done, pick up dresses, take stuff out to the hotel, sort out last minute things then sit back and relax. Cant really have a couple glasses of bubbly as im early stages of being pregnant. I will have a little bit of bubbly for the toasts but thats it, but like you said it will FAB!

• hapibride2be
    Beginner November 2014
    hapibride2be ·
    • Hide content

Wedding day one of the most awaited event for lovers, don't be too nervous this special day is all about you and you are the center of attraction, while walking in the aisle focus in a straight look don't look at the people who are looking at you think of something that can distract you to the tought that someone is lookin at you this will work well

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

Oooh mee too!!! I hate the thought of it - but actually much more worried about the first dance, even at my sister's wedding, the wedding arty had to join in the slow dancing before everyone else and I really hated it! could barely keep dancing until the end of the song it was so embarrassingly painful - really don't know what to do about that one...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics