Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner July 2020

I’m worried my dress doesn’t match the groom’s suit!

LittleGardenGnome22593, 9 of April of 2020 at 23:34 Posted on Planning 0

Hello lovely people!

I absolutely love my dress, as soon as I put it on I knew I wanted it! My fiancé also loves his suit, he had a clear image of what he wanted, he went out and got it all, put everything together and it looks amazing on him!

The issue is that, maybe, they don’t compliment each other! ?

My dress is an ivory v-neck full length dress, with floral embroidery in a silvery thread on the bodice. There’s no beads or pearls or anything but it is a definite silver accent.

My fiancé’s suit is navy blue, with a tan colour tweed waistcoat with a gold back, brown shoes, emerald tie (he was adamant about that bit ?) it does look good all together. He also wants a gold pocket chain to finish the look.

We’re going for a garden theme in an old manor house so, separately, we’ll compliment the venue and the decor, but I’m just not sure, with the silver and gold clash, whether we’ll compliment each other??

any thoughts, or am I just going round the bend?

x

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I really wouldn't worry about it. If you think about it, we take photos of couples & groups all the time without worrying about whether the different outfits 'blend'. If it was going to be something really startling (like you had a bouquet of pink flowers and he had a bright red waistcoat) then it might be an issue, but I can't see an ivory dress clashing with anything - your bouquet is the only thing that might be a problem, so just bear his outfit choice in mind when picking your flowers. The important thing is that you both have something that you love to wear and feel good wearing.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics